Rad Rover 6 has a $600 fuse

Rxevans

If you blow this fuse on your Rad Rover 6 Plus, Rad Power will tell you to buy a new $600 battery.
It is easy to blow this fuse, even if Rad Power tells you it is not possible. Some people also thought the Titanic couldn’t sink.
Rad decided to bury the fuse behind a warranty seal, some very thick shrink wrap and gobs of RTV cement.
I think that the Rad Engineers saw the internet video on how to do it and added more RTV to thwart any effort to change the fuse. The fuse can be purchased in batches of 20 on Amazon for $4.95
I changed mine but lost the charge indicator doing it. Fortunately, the charge indicator on the bike still works. It is not an easy task.
I would not buy this bike again or recommend it.

Attachments

• EB50C9D7-646A-42CC-AB4B-C776FB8409F9.jpeg
    EB50C9D7-646A-42CC-AB4B-C776FB8409F9.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DAB32F2F-707C-4DE1-980B-F604A70EF340.jpeg
    DAB32F2F-707C-4DE1-980B-F604A70EF340.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 18

jimyni

I wonder if this is a power issue-Anyone have an issue with the 6S+ UI not displaying time/odometer/watt draw or MPH? Crapped mid ride- only 300mi on it. No response from Rad support (ticket on 7/29)
1659480975219.png

Anton

Admin
Staff member
If you blow this fuse on your Rad Rover 6 Plus, Rad Power will tell you to buy a new $600 battery.
It is easy to blow this fuse, even if Rad Power tells you it is not possible. Some people also thought the Titanic couldn’t sink.
Rad decided to bury the fuse behind a warranty seal, some very thick shrink wrap and gobs of RTV cement.
I think that the Rad Engineers saw the internet video on how to do it and added more RTV to thwart any effort to change the fuse. The fuse can be purchased in batches of 20 on Amazon for $4.95
I changed mine but lost the charge indicator doing it. Fortunately, the charge indicator on the bike still works. It is not an easy task.
Thanks for this info @Rxevans , I'm sure it will save someone from buying a completely new battery!

ERidesOn2

There's no excuse for that, besides greed. Rad needs to respond and do the right thing.
Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom