RAD Lawsuit

JerryB

Local time
6:52 AM
Very sad to hear that a young teenager was killed while riding an ebike but....with that said.......where is the parents responsibility in this? Seems nobody is ever accountable for their actions anymore and lawyers just want to make money. This child should not have been on this bike.......don't blame the manufacturer for parents bad judgement.

I doubt the Rad ebike was designed for two person to be riding on it.
Unfortunately, kids are going to be kids, they do dangerous thing to learn their own way and sometimes accidents occur that children don't survive.
It may not be the parents' fault, but just kids being kids; some mistakes are fatal.
Maybe to avoid bad press, Rad would settle out of court, pass the cost of settlement down to other consumers.
Hey, people sue big pharma or car companies and get paid big bucks all the time, right?

I doubt the Rad ebike was designed for two person to be riding on it.
Unfortunately, kids are going to be kids, they do dangerous thing to learn their own way and sometimes accidents occur that children don't survive.
It may not be the parents' fault, but just kids being kids; some mistakes are fatal.
Maybe to avoid bad press, Rad would settle out of court, pass the cost of settlement down to other consumers.
Hey, people sue big pharma or car companies and get paid big bucks all the time, right?
Yes they do.....part of the problem in our society these days....too many lawyers....too many people not held accountable for their own actions......blame game.

Man files lawsuit against Rad Power Bikes over front wheel disengaging

It’s amazing to think that the manufacturer could be held liable for someone failing to close a QR. In most cases, in order for the front wheel to come off, the QR would have to be open by several turns, (front forks are supposed to have tabs that prevent the wheel from coming off even if the QR is in the open position. He who attempts to make something foolproof underestimates the ingenuity of a fool…

I read that the wheel only came off after he pinned the front brake & he flipped over the handle bars, from a car pulling out in front of them. I see this as driver error.

Back