Questions on Rad Mini Step-Thru

davepete

Local time
5:40 PM
How well does the RadMini Step thru fold when both the front and rear rack are installed? Any issues?

Will regular Panier bags fit on the racks?

Thanks in advance!

There's quite a nice example on their site showing the bike being folded and unfolded:

Of course they don't show it with the front and rear racks installed which was your question. But I believe if the racks are built correctly for the bike then they should fold up with the bike just fine. As for panniers bags, they are going to get in the way when folding.

I reached out to RadPower support and here is there answer with a photo of the bike folded showing the racks. Seems like it folds up just fine with the front and rear racks installed!

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your interest in our RAD bikes and reaching out to us with your inquiry!

The folded dimension for our RadMini 4 (LxWxH) are 41" x 22" x 28", and the RadMini Step-Thru folded dimensions are 42" x 23" x 30". You can find these details half way down the product page under the geometry tab!

The RadMini and RadMini Step-Thru ebike can still fold tightly with the RadMini Rear Rack and/or the Front Rack installed. The Front Rack is a bit wider than the ebikes, so it does add some width to the folded dimension of the ebike. Here's a photo:

A very large accessory, such as the Large Platform or the Large Basket, may prevent the ebike from folding tightly, but the ebike will still be able to fold somewhat. For a quick tutorial on how to fold the RadMini and RadMini Step-Thru ebikes, please visit this article on our Help Center: Folding and Unfolding the RadMini and RadMini Step-Thru

Yes, the Fremont Pannier Bag is compatible with this model and is in stock! The Rear Rack tubing diameter is 19 mm when accessorizing with aftermarket panier bags. We can not recommend any specific brands other then what we carry as we have not tested them for safety and durability.

With that being said, you may be able to reach out for advice elsewhere! I would recommend looking into various online forums or consulting with a local bike mechanic via a local bike shop in your area. I would also encourage you to reach out to the manufacturer of that specific product in order to get the most accurate compatibility information.

Hope this provides some clarification, and let us know if you have further questions! You can also check out our Help Center in the meantime, as it can be a great resource.

All the best,
Moria Christiancy
Customer Experience Associate / Rad Power Bikes

How well does the RadMini Step thru fold when both the front and rear rack are installed? Any issues?

Will regular Panier bags fit on the racks?

Thanks in advance!
Racks don't hinder folding. No problem actually gives you a better hand hold. Don't know what regular means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back