Question about TENWAYS CGO800S

ronniebellie

Local time
8:25 AM
I'm looking at the TENWAYS CGO800S which is advertised as a urban commuter bike with a single-speed drivetrain. I don't know much about single speed drivetrains. Would such an ebike not be good for longer riding, such as on various rails-to-trails (either asphalt or something like packed crushed stone)?

With a bike with pedal assist, how is the experience with a single-speed drivetrain in such cases?

I'm looking at the TENWAYS CGO800S which is advertised as a urban commuter bike with a single-speed drivetrain. I don't know much about single speed drivetrains. Would such an ebike not be good for longer riding, such as on various rails-to-trails (either asphalt or something like packed crushed stone)?

With a bike with pedal assist, how is the experience with a single-speed drivetrain in such cases?

Hi Ronnie,

I would personally aim for a bike which has multiple gears for a couple reasons.

First is that it allows you to find a gear which feels comfortable to you with a particular cadence, speed and PAS.

Second, you might need to shift into a lower gear at times, especially if you got caught riding your heavy ebike without battery power.

My thoughts, anyway.

I purchased the Tenways GO600 after using a regular bike with gears. Love the styling and ease of use in the city. A great help on hills, but I would not consider it ideal of longer rides. gears come in handy for those longer rides so you can adjust the cadence when riding in varying terrain and at speed. I have only used the Tenways a few times and might even sell it as I am not really using the bike as expected.

Thanks everyone for your good input on this bike. After reading your comments, I’m going to consider another ebike that is not single speed.

Back