Question about regulating speed

Bic D

Local time
10:34 AM
I was test riding a bike today. The top speed was 30 mph. As I was using the pedal assist feature I quickly went over 25 mph. If I'm in a little busier riding area, Is there a way to only go 12-15 mph? Do I have to just use the throttle only for lower speeds.

Thank you, first post and hope to be an E-bike owner very soon

I was test riding a bike today. The top speed was 30 mph. As I was using the pedal assist feature I quickly went over 25 mph. If I'm in a little busier riding area, Is there a way to only go 12-15 mph? Do I have to just use the throttle only for lower speeds.

Thank you, first post and hope to be an E-bike owner very soon
Any decent ebike is going to let you set the assist to whatever level you want. BaFang mid-drives let you set both the amount of torque and how fast the torque rolls on for each of the 9 levels, and independently for the throttle and the PAS. I can ride at less than the average walking speed of 3 or 4 mph in power levels 1 and 2 and 2nd or 3rd gears holding the throttle open, or in power level 3 by feathering the throttle. Using a Giant Green Button lets me disconnect the drive and pedal without switching the motor power level to 0 or turning it off... very handy in crowded areas and for extending range.

The bike I rode had 6 levels and it seemed to above 20 mph rather quickly on 1 or 6. Forgive the ignorance but are you saying that the bike can be set now to go a mon speed at a lower level?

More importantly, do you really need a ebike that capable of that higher speed?

If you can spend less & get a ebike that suits your purpose & speed needs, would that be more ideal?

The bike I rode had 6 levels and it seemed to above 20 mph rather quickly on 1 or 6. Forgive the ignorance but are you saying that the bike can be set now to go a mon speed at a lower level?
Speed is more about gearing than it is motor wattage or torque.

What ebike were you testing? My Lectric XP 2.0 has 7 sppeds and 5 PA settings......in PA 1....I ride confortably at 5 to 7 mph......higher PA gets me going faster but only if I choose to go there.

What ebike were you testing? My Lectric XP 2.0 has 7 sppeds and 5 PA settings......in PA 1....I ride confortably at 5 to 7 mph......higher PA gets me going faster but only if I choose to go there.
Not sure of the actual brand of the Ebike. The owner had them brought in and he has put his name on them. I'll have to go back and test ride again at level 1 and see.

@ "A" No, I really don't need a bike that goes that fast...actually, I'm more interested in having to pedal with resistance but use the speed when I am facing a heavy wind. I live in a beach town and usually get screwed one way when going out

Back