Purchased a 2nd hand A2B Hybrid... questions?

todd

Local time
5:10 AM
Hello group. I need some info. I know nothing about ebikes. I bought this a2b hybrid and it has extra ultramotor battery. I see no where for a key. It didn't come with a charger. Do I need a battery charger for the battery in the bike? If so,where do you plug in charger? If I buy a 3 prong charger does it go into the back battery? Where I unplug the back battery is a 5 or 6 prong. Do I unplug that to charge stock battery? Hope I'm making sence. Will I need 2 chargers?

Attachments

• A2B Hybrid.jpg
    A2B Hybrid.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 510
  • A2B Hybrid1.jpg
    A2B Hybrid1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 431
  • A2B Hybrid2.jpg
    A2B Hybrid2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 483
It used a charger with an XLR port which plugs into the rear of the battery where that rotating lid is. No need to unplug the battery when charging. It can be charged on or off the bike either way. The bike uses a 36v lithium ion battery pack.

Question is...Why didn’t your bike come with a charger??! Is it hot?

Usually that is the reason a charger is missing. Also, this model came with an electronic key fob that you wave over the display to start it if I recall correctly. Not a physical key but an electronic no touch key. I remember them as these blue round guitar pick like things. You may have purchased a stolen bike if electronic key fob and charger are missing. Also, if this bike sat for a long time without a charge the battery becomes bricked cause the bms battery management system sips electricity all the time and eventually whittles down the charge if not recharged periodically. It can’t be left uncharged for many many months on end or the cells die. That's how a lot of people killed their packs. And remember in the “world of chargers” slower (longer charge time) is better for the battery.

Not only missing charger but also no key fob. These had an electronic key fob (E-Key) that you wave over the display to start it. Those were unique keys electronically encoded to each individual A2B bike. A thief would not have it cause the owner would have those keys in his pocket.

Not necessarily stolen the charger could have burnt out those cheap ones without the fan go out all the time get you a good charger and put XT 90 instead of those cheap xlr connector

Guy I bought it from bought wrong charger. Not sure what happened to first. Told me his buddy owned a bike shop and gave it to him because it was damaged (broken derailleur and pedal) in delivery. Said he never got to use it because he ordered wrong charger. He sold for $100.

$100??? Should be at least around 10x that! The battery alone is usually over $600 msrp retail new let alone with the bike. A bike shop can easily replace a derailleur and pedal too, those are cheap and easy repair jobs for a bike shop. Heck I can fix that in half an hour myself and I’m an amateur. This bike is most likely stolen imho. That story doesn’t add up at all. A bike shop can't fix a simple derailleur and pedal on a bike worth a couple thousand bucks and gave it away with no charger and bigger clue, no E-key key fob? Story is fishy as heck and doesn't hold water. Smells like a hot bike to me. Anyway it's a paperweight with a dead bricked battery and no key.

You might want to ask the police if it has been reported stolen, otherwise you could be arrested for the theft... Also, what about asking the bike shop that reportably sold it what the story is.

The A2B is protected by an electronic key (E-key). The system needs to be activated before your ride.

From the manual:
1. Hold the E-Key directly above the display.
2. The display will light up. Remove the E-key as soon as the A2B logo appears.
3. At the end of your trip: to deactivate the system hold the E-key above the display until it turns off. Remove the E-key now. The system is deactivated.

If it didn't come with an electronic key then your best bet is to contact A2B directly and quote the serial number of the bike in order to get a replacement. By doing so you will also probably find out if it has been stolen. If it has been stolen then at least the ebike can be returned to its rightful owner.

A2B Sales and Distributions Centre, USA
Hero Eco Inc.
23104 Bernhardt St, Suite A
Hayward, CA. 94545
Email: A2B.US@heroeco.com

For any service related query please send email to levi.gilbert@heroeco.com

Or you can just fill out the contact us form on the A2B site here:

Hello group. I need some info. I know nothing about ebikes. I bought this a2b hybrid and it has extra ultramotor battery. I see no where for a key. It didn't come with a charger. Do I need a battery charger for the battery in the bike? If so,where do you plug in charger? If I buy a 3 prong charger does it go into the back battery? Where I unplug the back battery is a 5 or 6 prong. Do I unplug that to charge stock battery? Hope I'm making sence. Will I need 2 chargers?

The cables and plugs are different on some models. So first the model is needed. It only needs one charger. On mine it came with a Fob key to turn it on, and one key for the battery lock.

Back