PUI and try not to slap anybody.

River7sailor

Local time
6:19 PM
Is there such a thing as PUI… Peddling Under the Influence? I wasn't sure if I should mount my Beer Holder on the handlebars or conceal it in a cozy in the basket. I’m a sensitive person and I would never consider OFFENDING anyone’s sensibility now days! Especially this new breed of enlightened “Karen’s!” People seem to be so touchy and irritable and feel the need to voice their concerns our my business. So… I’ll just smile and have another beer and try not to run over any small dogs… and if I have to pee, I’ll find a big tree to go behind. Whatever happened to minding your own business and giving people the benefit of the doubt? Sorry, I’ll get off my soapbox… what about PUI? Anyone been arrested lately? Honey, bring me another beer Sweetie.

Don't Drink and Post? (LOL)
But seriously, in Virginia, especially the city areas you the laws are such that you could technically wind up with a DUI for riding a bike intoxicated. I can only remember one case that was ever followed up on though.

Is there such a thing as PUI… Peddling Under the Influence? I wasn't sure if I should mount my Beer Holder on the handlebars or conceal it in a cozy in the basket. I’m a sensitive person and I would never consider OFFENDING anyone’s sensibility now days! Especially this new breed of enlightened “Karen’s!” People seem to be so touchy and irritable and feel the need to voice their concerns our my business. So… I’ll just smile and have another beer and try not to run over any small dogs… and if I have to pee, I’ll find a big tree to go behind. Whatever happened to minding your own business and giving people the benefit of the doubt? Sorry, I’ll get off my soapbox… what about PUI? Anyone been arrested lately? Honey, bring me another beer Sweetie.

We as ebike riders, and ambassadors of our hobby Do " NOT " need this kind of attention. If what you posted is your actual intent. Ebikes are already under enough scrutiny.

There is a guy in town that got a drunk in public on a horse, seen him riding a lawnmower after that.
Haven't seen that dude since 2020 though :unsure:

Beer holder? In some places having an open alcohol container is illegal. As for riding while drunk, people have been arrested for riding all kinds of things while drunk. Horses, bikes, lawnmowers, even an ice chest with motorized wheels.

It doesn't make any sense to me but you do run the risk of legal problems.

Good replies guys! I’m amazed y’all didn’t rake me over the coals for such an audacious post. I was curious about the beer holder thingy, but mostly testing the waters of the audience in attendance. Case in point, sometime back I took up Fly Fishing. And I eat what I catch. I love fish. I posted my adventures and lo and behold, there’s a LOT of Catch and Release folks that raked me up one side and down the other for not releasing… anyway, to each his own. It’s their passion and I can respect that. And my wife does keep me in check on my behavior in public. She told me if we were gonna start riding these new bikes… we needed to be informed and observe proper custom and courtesy and dress accordingly. “Yes Ma’am” I said. That’s what she told me… “and you’re gonna get some those tight-fitting spandex shorts! You can go faster in them… You’re not wearing your fishnet stocking… we’re gonna be respectable!” “Yes Ma’am”. “I’m not holding your beer, while you embarrass me either!” So, I’m here to learn from you who have gone on before and glean some wisdom along the way. Don’t be to hard on me guys.

I would imagine operating any vehicle (ebikes included) under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal, and for good reason.

I guess my bigger question would be why would somebody want to? Alcohol impairs reaction time, motor skills, judgement, etc. My personal opinion is that alcohol has no business being near an ebike, at least while riding under impairment. It puts not only yourself, but others, at risk of being seriously hurt.

Call me a Karen if you wish. I will call it common sense.

Save the beer for watching the football game.
Just my opinion.

Good replies guys! I’m amazed y’all didn’t rake me over the coals for such an audacious post. I was curious about the beer holder thingy, but mostly testing the waters of the audience in attendance. Case in point, sometime back I took up Fly Fishing. And I eat what I catch. I love fish. I posted my adventures and lo and behold, there’s a LOT of Catch and Release folks that raked me up one side and down the other for not releasing… anyway, to each his own. It’s their passion and I can respect that. And my wife does keep me in check on my behavior in public. She told me if we were gonna start riding these new bikes… we needed to be informed and observe proper custom and courtesy and dress accordingly. “Yes Ma’am” I said. That’s what she told me… “and you’re gonna get some those tight-fitting spandex shorts! You can go faster in them… You’re not wearing your fishnet stocking… we’re gonna be respectable!” “Yes Ma’am”. “I’m not holding your beer, while you embarrass me either!” So, I’m here to learn from you who have gone on before and glean some wisdom along the way. Don’t be to hard on me guys.
Those spandex shorts are a great way to show off your pole while fly fishin......especially after a few beers.......I'd leave the ebike at home.....plus....they ain't real waterproof. Welcome!

Have you considered non-alcoholic beer? It tastes great and you wont get picked up for DUI!

Catch and eat your own fish is healthier and more sustainable than commercial fishing in my opinion.

I know an Amish who was arrested for drunk driving his horse and buggy. Apparently, the officer tried to pull him over for zig zagging down the road, but he tried to take off across a field and got stuck.

Life is short guys! Don’t waste it. You don’t want to get to the end of it, and regret all the things you wish you had done. Live everyday like it was your last. Live as peaceable as possible with your neighbor and treat folks as you would want to treated. I’m retired and almost 70 and still working for myself now… enjoy everyday because we only go this once!

Life is short guys! Don’t waste it. You don’t want to get to the end of it, and regret all the things you wish you had done. Live everyday like it was your last. Live as peaceable as possible with your neighbor and treat folks as you would want to treated. I’m retired and almost 70 and still working for myself now… enjoy everyday because we only go this once!

Attachments

• 7580F519-4C6E-4282-84C9-DDB89DE2E846.jpeg
    7580F519-4C6E-4282-84C9-DDB89DE2E846.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 84
Yep....find your passion....have fun.

Attachments

• fitz 8.jpg
    fitz 8.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 77
  • fitz 5.jpg
    fitz 5.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 63
  • fitz_b.jpg
    fitz_b.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 61
Back