Programing cable for Bafang Ultra M620 Motors

robanco

Local time
12:53 PM
Bafang programing cable is Different for 2022 Ultra M620 Motors / With DPC-18.C1.2 Display.
Note this Display will not allow you to change Wheel size or Change Max. speed !
Thoughts ? Anyone else come across this ?

Bafang programing cable is Different for 2022 Ultra M620 Motors / With DPC-18.C1.2 Display.
Note this Display will not allow you to change Wheel size or Change Max. speed !
Thoughts ? Anyone else come across this ?
It's my understanding, but the new version M620 which replaces the BBSHD motor is no longer user programmable. To me the company made a big mistake by doing this because the program ability by the user was one of the biggest selling points for that particular motor.

In time who knows somebody may figure a way around their limitations but as of now I don't believe you can program it at all. My suggestion would be to return it and shop for a new old stock version of the motor. You may be able to get around these limitations are going to an external controller such as the ones offered by Grin up Canada.

The Display settings can all be changed ,except Wheel size & Max speed ,
That is stupid !
Mine came with the Wheel size 28" , I need 29"
Max speed is 37 mph, I need 20 mph

This is the new DPC-18.C1.2 Settings can be changed . Information cannot !

Attachments

• Setting.jpg
    Setting.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Display setting.jpg
    Display setting.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Information.jpg
    Information.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 244
I'm new to all of this but found this programming cable that says it works with CanBus:

URL with instruction video:

has anyone tried this one?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes, it works as advertised, however the number of clicks is sometimes not correct to achieve the wheel size that you want. Multiple tries got it right though.

Yes, it does work, however the number and speed of the clicks on the button sometimes requires a re-do. This device changes the wheel size and you can even go back to the lower speed limit with more than 6 clicks but it's tricky. The speed limit does reset to the higher limit when you change the wheel size.

I'm new to all of this but found this programming cable that says it works with CanBus:

URL with instruction video:

has anyone tried this one?
Yes, I have this cable and it works on the CAN BUS M620 to change the wheel size and speed. It's a little tricky to use (multiple fast clicks on a button) but it does work. Top speed options are only 15.5mph or 38.5mph. Wheel sizes are all there but you have to be quick with your clicks to select the desired wheel size along with the speed you want.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes, I have this cable and it works on the CAN BUS M620 to change the wheel size and speed. It's a little tricky to use (multiple fast clicks on a button) but it does work. Top speed options are only 15.5mph or 38.5mph. Wheel sizes are all there but you have to be quick with your clicks to select the desired wheel size along with the speed you want.
Do u have the screen on when u do it so u can see what it changing to

Back