Problems with new Ebike install

msrp77

Local time
10:42 AM
I just installed my first kit, 36v 500w brushless, this one
with a 36v 8ah battery. Its charged, shows 41.2v The throttle indicator has 3 lights to show charge. The red low charge light is lit. When I hit the throttle the motor runs for a second then shuts off. It won't run again unless I turn it off and turn it on again, then just runs for a second again.

I checked the throttle for voltage, it shows almost 5v supply and when pressed goes from no voltage to over 4 volts so it seems ok.
I don't have the crank sensor attached or the brake sensors. I did attach the brake sensors to see if it was an issue and nothing changed.

What could be the problem? Does the crank sensor need to be attached for it to work? I didn't get a manual with it.

Yes I have contacted the seller and manufacturer, no reply in a week to a few emails. It didn't come with an owners manual but seemed straightforward.

I have ordered another controller, its different but for the same application. I have another battery coming also, but since I have over 41v I don't think that is the issue.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is that what it does when the low voltage cutoff kicks in? I have over 41v, its a new battery. However, it only has the red light on the battery indicator which has me confused.

with a 36v 8ah battery. Its charged, shows 41.2v The throttle indicator has 3 lights to show charge. The red low charge light is lit. When I hit the throttle the motor runs for a second then shuts off. It won't run again unless I turn it off and turn it on again, then just runs for a second again.

I checked the throttle for voltage, it shows almost 5v and when pressed goes from no voltage to over 4 volts so it seems ok.
I don't have the crank sensor attached or the brake sensors. I did attach the brake sensors to see if it was an issue and nothing changed.

What could be the problem?
I suggest you contact the seller for their assistance.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I don't see a display to get into the controller settings on that kit :unsure:

Is that what it does when the low voltage cutoff kicks in? I have over 41v, its a new battery. However, it only has the red light on the battery indicator which has me confused.
yeah, for instance, my 52v batt low voltage cutoff is 39v, so i set my LVC to 39.9v or 41v

@Hoggdoc is right about contacting the manufacture or seller.
Without being able to get into the controller settings it's hard to say what could be goin wrong..

Thanks for the replies so far. Oh yes, contacted the seller and the company that makes it, no reply in a week. I have over 41v so I really don't think its a battery issue. But it seems like the controller thinks there is low voltage.

Thanks for the replies so far. Oh yes, contacted the seller and the company that makes it, no reply in a week. I have over 41v so I really don't think its a battery issue. But it seems like the controller thinks there is low voltage.
Keep us up to date on how yur getting along :)

I checked the throttle for voltage, it shows almost 5v supply and when pressed goes from no voltage to over 4 volts so it seems ok.

What could be the problem? Does the crank sensor need to be attached for it to work? I didn't get a manual with it.

Yes I have contacted the seller and manufacturer, no reply in a week to a few emails. It didn't come with an owners manual but seemed straightforward.

I have ordered another controller, its different but for the same application. I have another battery coming also, but since I have over 41v I don't think that is the issue.
Not sure I have all the facts, but is the complete drive installed on the bike, or on a bench? Does this particular drive require a speed sensor?

You might want to use a multimeter to confirm the actual voltage your battery is putting out.

Since low voltage can damage a motor, controllers often just shut down the motor when there's low voltage just to protect the motor. My 52v motor gives it up at around 36 volts. At full charge it reads about 58 volts.

Back