Priority Current from Costco

ronniebellie

Costco has a new program called Costco Next in which they partner with "trusted suppliers" and give significant discounts to Costco Members. I came across a Priority Current on the Costco site which has the features below. Costco member pricing is $2,599 which is a 20% discount from the $3,299 retail price. Costco has an excellent return policy as well.
  • Rear Hub: Internally geared Shimano 5 speed or enviolo CVT eBike specific hub.
  • Belt Drive: Grease and rust-free Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt drive
  • Battery: Frame-integrated 500wh 48v battery - charges on and off the bike
  • Motor: 500w mid-drive motor with class leading 140NM of max torque
Does anyone have any experience with this bike? How about the enviolo CVT? That's what I'm thinking of going with. I'm very curious about it because I've had CVTs on a couple of Honda cars I've purchased in the last 7 years. And what about the Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt drive? Any thoughts on that?

And one more question. Often this ebike is touted as a commuter bike on the videos I've watched. However, my wife and I are mostly interested in riding the many rails-to-trails around the USA. We are both members of Rails to Trails Conservatory and plan on taking a couple of months every year for riding them when we retire soon. Would this ebike be a good road bike as well? What's the major distinctions between the two kinds?

ronaldsauve

I’m also considering the Priority Current, and I’m also going back and forth on the Enviolo vs the Shimano. If any of you have experience with them I‘d also be interested in your observations.

Hoggdoc

Staff member
Website
activityphoto.com
Costco has a new program called Costco Next in which they partner with "trusted suppliers" and give significant discounts to Costco Members. I came across a Priority Current on the Costco site which has the features below. Costco member pricing is $2,599 which is a 20% discount from the $3,299 retail price. Costco has an excellent return policy as well.
  • Rear Hub: Internally geared Shimano 5 speed or enviolo CVT eBike specific hub.
  • Belt Drive: Grease and rust-free Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt drive
  • Battery: Frame-integrated 500wh 48v battery - charges on and off the bike
  • Motor: 500w mid-drive motor with class leading 140NM of max torque
Does anyone have any experience with this bike? How about the enviolo CVT? That's what I'm thinking of going with. I'm very curious about it because I've had CVTs on a couple of Honda cars I've purchased in the last 7 years. And what about the Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt drive? Any thoughts on that?

And one more question. Often this ebike is touted as a commuter bike on the videos I've watched. However, my wife and I are mostly interested in riding the many rails-to-trails around the USA. We are both members of Rails to Trails Conservatory and plan on taking a couple of months every year for riding them when we retire soon. Would this ebike be a good road bike as well? What's the major distinctions between the two kinds?
Based on the equipment on the bike it sounds like a great deal. However I would check with Costco to see if they handle as issues with the bike.

CloneWerks

Looking at the specs, looking at the photos for "build philosophy" I'd have to say that bike looks pretty solid. Not a bad discount price either.
There really isn't any specific class called a "commuter bike", but the common elements tend to be a more upright (cruiser) riding position, comfort saddles, and the ability to carry at least modest amounts of cargo (a change of work clothes and that sort of thing). Most "true" commuter bikes also tend to go with wider, fatter, tires but again, the real definition of a "commuter bike" is whatever it is you ride back and forth to work (LOL). I know a guy who has a small closet in his office w/a weeks worth of clothes and stuff. He drives Fridays to bring in new clothes and take his old stuff home to wash so he literally takes nothing else on his bike and therefore commutes with a Specialized Crux.

As long as you aren't looking to do dirt trails that bike should be fine. If you do want to get off-pavement you might want to consider different tires depending on how it felt off road.

To me the two biggest things with eBikes are finding out who provides service and how much a replacement battery runs (and can you get one).

ronaldsauve

From what I’ve gathered, Priority is excellent in terms of response to their customer’s needs. Their almost immediate response to my questions has been very impressive. Even their list of accessories on their website is pretty comprehensive. For my part, I’ve always done my own bike builds, maintenance and repair if any are ever needed. But I understand that might not be the case for many if not most.

Top Bottom