Priority Current electric bike?

ronaldsauve

Local time
11:43 PM
I’m looking at the Priority Current electric bike. It seems to have a lot of boxes checked for what I’d like, gates belt drive, enviolo 380 infinite hub, decent range with an add on rack mounted battery for added range, 140 NM torque, torque pedal input, and so on. They seem very responsive to customers from what I’ve personally seen. Very light on specs on their website, but they answered my questions very quickly.
Have any of you heard any good/bad about this bike? Thanks for any and all input!
www.prioritybicycles.com

PRIORITY CURRENT E-BIKE - Priority Bicycles

The Current is the most progressive e-bike on the market, with more power and more comfort than any of its...
www.prioritybicycles.com

"A"

Local time
Is this your first ebike? $3500 is a lot to invest for first ebike.

What are some specific "boxes" that are required for your ebike purchase?

ronaldsauve

Local time
I’ve had a lot of bikes over the years, but this is my first e-bike. I’ve also considered the Evelo Aurora Limited, Omega, or Atlas, but they’re more expensive. Another option, the Tern Quick Haul P9, about the same price, or the HSD S+, more expensive.
Boxes:
This will be a “working” bike, not just for recreation. So it needs to have the ability to carry some loads, and tow a trailer
Mid drive with torque not cadence, (this claims 140 NM, a big plus)
Enviolo infinitely geared rear hub
Gates belt drive
Rear rack with added battery for extended range
Through bolt axles
Hydraulic brakes
Mid kickstand
Full fenders
Good integral lighting

ronniebellie

Local time
8:43 PM
I'm thinking about getting the Priority Current too. Costco now sells it via their Costco Next program. It's an automatic 20% off retail. However. it's not returnable via Costco's return program. You have to go through the manufacturer for a return.

I just posted another questions HERE about the enviolo hub vs. the Shimano hub.

I noticed your post was on May 30, some time ago. Did you buy one? If so, what are your impressions?

ERidesOn2

Local time
ronniebellie; I posted this on your other thread..

I feel the a bit of drag on the Priority Current. It just doesn't coast anything like a non-electric bike. I'm not sure yet if it's the enviolo hub or the mid drive motor or typical e-bike quirk. So I would be curious if it's a similar issue with the Shimano hub which has a higher efficiency %, but a little less gearing range.

FYI.... Mine was delivered with a bent front wheel and brake rotor. Priority wouldn't replace it. Only after video and picture proof they said to bring it to a bike shop to repair and they would pay the bill afterwards. After 4, 22 minute trips to drop and pic-up my bike, attaching the bike rack twice and all the correspondence time, I had a repaired bike as a gift. I may have to repeat this because the bike still has other issues I'm concerned about. I loose about half of the batteries charge if it sits a week to 10 day's, according to the handlebar display. That's a lot of loss. I've checked it twice. Seems to me to be a parasitic drain. Bummer

abqhudson

Local time
9:43 PM
I’m looking at the Priority Current electric bike. It seems to have a lot of boxes checked for what I’d like, gates belt drive, enviolo 380 infinite hub, decent range with an add on rack mounted battery for added range, 140 NM torque, torque pedal input, and so on. They seem very responsive to customers from what I’ve personally seen. Very light on specs on their website, but they answered my questions very quickly.
Have any of you heard any good/bad about this bike? Thanks for any and all input!
www.prioritybicycles.com

PRIORITY CURRENT E-BIKE - Priority Bicycles

The Current is the most progressive e-bike on the market, with more power and more comfort than any of its...
www.prioritybicycles.com
I also had trouble getting exact specs from them. The frames seem to be smaller than many ebikes I've seen.

Michael Sea

Local time
I have 400 miles on a Current I bought last month with a Shimano hub. The bike is a real bear to get rolling, I feel the same drag you are mentioning but as I think about it I only feel it when I’m getting her up to speed on low assist level. The thing is a heave bike, that drag I’m feeling is gravity, once she’s moving it all feels fine. I went with the Shimano hub because I’ve never test drove the Envilio. I really enjoy the thump/click action of changing gears as I’m used to it from riding.

hsdrggr

Local time
ronniebellie; I posted this on your other thread..

I feel the a bit of drag on the Priority Current. It just doesn't coast anything like a non-electric bike. I'm not sure yet if it's the enviolo hub or the mid drive motor or typical e-bike quirk. So I would be curious if it's a similar issue with the Shimano hub which has a higher efficiency %, but a little less gearing range.

FYI.... Mine was delivered with a bent front wheel and brake rotor. Priority wouldn't replace it. Only after video and picture proof they said to bring it to a bike shop to repair and they would pay the bill afterwards. After 4, 22 minute trips to drop and pic-up my bike, attaching the bike rack twice and all the correspondence time, I had a repaired bike as a gift. I may have to repeat this because the bike still has other issues I'm concerned about. I loose about half of the batteries charge if it sits a week to 10 day's, according to the handlebar display. That's a lot of loss. I've checked it twice. Seems to me to be a parasitic drain. Bummer
I’ve read about the friction you are talking about. However saw an interview and it was stated that the Enviolo hub has a break in period of about 500 miles. After that it is supposed to have less drag.

ronniebellie

Local time
8:43 PM
I’ve read about the friction you are talking about. However saw an interview and it was stated that the Enviolo hub has a break in period of about 500 miles. After that it is supposed to have less drag.
Just found a post on the enviolo support site HERE. Do a browser page search for "drag" and you will see this below. (See screenshot below.) It says break-in period is about 100 km.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 2.26.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 2.26.37 PM.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 7

hsdrggr

Local time
A friend of mine just ordered a Priority Current thru Costco Next 2days ago. But with the Shimano hub. I told her to call them to upgrade for the $200 difference and tell them to hold the order until the Enviolo hub is available on Oct. 15. I’m jealous. I don’t have one. But from all my research it is one hell of a good ebike plus being virtually maintenance free.

Top Bottom