PowaCycle Windsor LPX Electric Bike weaknesses

MaxWell

Local time
1:57 AM
Hello, I'm a new member and new owner of Windsor LPX. I've been testing it for one month and found some weaknesses although reviews were very good. Does anyone has the same bike? I'd be grateful for some more opinions and experiences.

I've had a windsor. its good on paper but i didn't find it to be a good solid bike. I do think the price reflects this. what weaknesses did you find?

The most important problem which I have with this bike is housing for the battery. In the bottom there are two connecting terminals held by plastic plate. It was broken after 3 weeks, now those terminals are loose, every day I have to fit them and it's annoying because I work on this bike(I'm home carer) doing 10 miles daily. Before I experienced occasionally lack of power but it was only for 1/2 min and when I pedalled backwards power was back. I agree with your opinion-when I bought this bike I was over the moon now I think that all those reviews which I saw on Internet are not truth. I'm waiting now for new housing but they don't have it on stock in Powacycle so I struggle with terminals. Some more people have problems with Windsor as well and now I'm considering Kalkoff Agatthu if I would be able to change this bike but it was bought under the government scheme"Cycling to work "

Try using some electrical tape to hold the connectors in place until you get some new connectors. I know it's not perfect but it should keep you on the road for now. Wrap the tape around the whole connector and maybe use it to hold the connectors in place on the frame.

Woolworths or any electrical/DIY shop should sell the tape. But make sure it's electrical tape!

The most important problem which I have with this bike is housing for the battery. In the bottom there are two connecting terminals held by plastic plate. It was broken after 3 weeks, now those terminals are loose, every day I have to fit them and it's annoying because I work on this bike(I'm home carer) doing 10 miles daily. Before I experienced occasionally lack of power but it was only for 1/2 min and when I pedalled backwards power was back. I agree with your opinion-when I bought this bike I was over the moon now I think that all those reviews which I saw on Internet are not truth. I'm waiting now for new housing but they don't have it on stock in Powacycle so I struggle with terminals. Some more people have problems with Windsor as well and now I'm considering Kalkoff Agatthu if I would be able to change this bike but it was bought under the government scheme"Cycling to work "
I never had that problem but at least they're sorting it out. You really need to test the bikes before buying them. The problem with many of the review sites is they are bombarded with reviews from the manufacturers and retailers and I don't think it will be any different for the Kalkof bikes. Make sure you test the Kalkof bikes for your self.

Back