Powabyke help needed

lindsay

Local time
12:11 AM
Hi, I'm currently running an older powabyke euro,not exiting but suiting my current needs. Unfortunately a long period of intermittant electrical faults have finally merged into failure. As a stopgap I am running it on 24v with a simple on/off switch, which doesn't blow fuses as long as it's moving before I throw the switch! What I need to get a bit closer to the original system is either a wiring diagram, which for some reason seem to be as rare as common sense, or a simpler motor speed controller that would work with the powabykes existing throttle. I would be happy with plans for a controller that could be soldered up by a relative novice but don't have enough know how to design one myself. Any suggestions gratefully received,

I don't know powabyke, but, if you are running with a switch to the battery pack, then it is a brushed motor.

Getting a controller to work with your motor and your pack... not tough at all if you know the battery voltage, the motor power and the connectors. If you were able to substitute a switch for the controller, you know a bit about wiring and connectors.

making the new controller work with your throttle without a schematic could be a challenge.. have them include the matching throttle for minimum hassle and maybe $30 US.

Did you ask Powabyke about a controller.?

Anyway, you should be able to find an appropriate brushed motor controller once you have your voltage and wattage needed. then just google brushed motor controllers and look for your voltage and your wattage (plus a little maybe) . tell them whet kind of connectors you have, shop a bit, ask about a matching throttle, and if you have one that will fit in your space, then you are back in business.

Shouldn't be too expensive if you are under 500watts.

good luck!

Back