Portable power station charging

El Mariachi

Local time
2:33 PM
I am looking at getting a portable power station (specifically the Bluetti EB3A) as a way to recharge my battery and extend my backpacking rides. I am wondering if this charging station will have enough juice to recharge my battery and, if so, how many charge(s) I might reasonably expect.

The Bluetti claims:
  • 600W AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter (1,200W surge);
  • 268Wh Capacity;

My bike has a BBHSD 52v motor with a 14 Ah battery. The charger that was supplied with the kit is 58.8v and 2 amps.

I could buy a second battery but the charging station would be more versatile for other applications.

Thanks for the help!

A bit of math to make things even;
Your bike battery is 728Wh (so nearly 3x the capacity of that "portable power station") Calculating an estimate of the conversion losses going from DC-to-AC (in the power station ) and from AC-back to -DC with your bike charger and you can probably kiss about 20% (about 53Wh) goodbye leaving you with about 215Wh to work with which means the best you are probably going to get is a 1/3 charge once and then it's all dead weight.

Additionally you have to consider the physical dimensions and weight of that unit, and your charging unit.

I seriously doubt it's going to be even remotely worth doing.

I use 4 100w solar panels with a mppt boost charge controller to charge 52v 35ah batteries.
I normally set it to charge at 3 amps. So far has worked last winter last summer and we'll see how it does this winter when i use it.
So far so good though and i really like the fact that after initial cash outlay, it's free range wattage :)

I have a solar generator that I built for camping when boondocking. It consists of a 300 amp hour LiFePO4 battery, 2200 watt inverter, 400 watts of panels and a dc to dc charger with a MPPT charge controller. Instead of plugging the charger that came with the e-bike into the grid I use my solar generator. I know that this is not efficient by a long shot but to me it doesn't matter.

I have one 100 watt solar panel and built a 200 amp hour battery from lithium ion batteries. It takes about 2 days of sunshine to charge to 12 + volts. I was able to charge my 30 amp hour bike battery to about 80%. It isn't much but I like to think I am running on sunshine.

I use 4 100w solar panels with a mppt boost charge controller to charge 52v 35ah batteries.
I normally set it to charge at 3 amps. So far has worked last winter last summer and we'll see how it does this winter when i use it.
So far so good though and i really like the fact that after initial cash outlay, it's free range wattage :)
I know opening a thread this old is Sin! But HumanPerson what does something like this cost to set up? I'm looking at some type of solar power for charging bike. When bike packing/ camping. Thanks.

I have 2 of these but from another vendor that i now cant find,

This is the mppt controller,

I've bought some marine batteries and sine wave inverters to run other things that i can run off my ebike batteries lol

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have 2 of these but from another vendor that i now cant find,

This is the mppt controller,

I've bought some marine batteries and sine wave inverters to run other things that i can run off my ebike batteries lol
Lol when I get to that point to build something. I might need your help. Lmao I thought about a Jackery Explorer 500 & 2 100watt folding solar panels. Thanks.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I keep looking at those too. seems to be a good way to get in if not gonna DIY :)

i've got a few 48v 25ah ebike batteries laying around so i may be getting one of these before winter, just not sure on which one yet,

I keep looking at those too. seems to be a good way to get in if not gonna DIY :)

i've got a few 48v 25ah ebike batteries laying around so i may be getting one of these before winter, just not sure on which one yet,

Yeah I looked at some dedicated ebike solar chargers, & they are not cheap. I like QuietKats & a couple others, but they are more that a Jackery Explorer. So I'm undecided yet.

Awesome set up. Are you using the charge controller to charge the bike battery, or did you hook an inverter up to the charge controller? Did you ever do a write up on your system? Roughly how much cabbage did that end up costing?

Awesome set up. Are you using the charge controller to charge the bike battery, or did you hook an inverter up to the charge controller? Did you ever do a write up on your system? Roughly how much cabbage did that end up costing?
charge controller right off the solar panels.

I was still drinking alkeehawl when i bought alot of stuff so memory is a bit clouded LOL

I think it was around $500.00 or a bit more for the setup i have.

Nah my sh ite is so deepwoods redneck engineered that a write up would be pretty ugly LOL

Back