Plastic not fantastic! 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0

evodistraction

Local time
1:54 AM
Just purchased a 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0. I opted for (and paid the brand label price!) wider support and parts/service availability and so far I have really enjoyed getting out on this e-bike. I read mostly positive things about this bike and it has not disappointed yet. I have the IGH hub and that is an awesome set up IMHO.

I only have one serious complaint so far and that is the incredibly flimsy plastic belt drive guard! I wasn’t 5 minutes into my first ride when my pants leg caught the underside lip of the guard and snapped it off like a twig. I removed it so I could get home and upon examination found it to be extremely flimsy for a bike at this price point. I know I should’ve secured my loose pants leg before riding and I take the hit for breaking it but geez you’d think the Specialized folks could come up with something more substantial.

So, does anyone know of any aftermarket belt guards that can take a punch? If not I guess I’ll replace the stock guard and see if I can beef it up somehow. Not holding out much hope for a warranty replacement since I screwed a up myself .

Ride Safe and yes I’m new to the forum so hey everyone!

Dave

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back