Pedaling manually - Senada Saber Pro fat tire ebike

My problem is riding with my wife. I have to ride without power or Pa1 so she can keep up. She has a basic non power beach cruiser bicycle and rides painfully slow. I wish the Senada’s has torgue sensors, maybe I could get a better workout when riding with her.
The main reason I bought an Ebike was to keep up with my wife's Ebike :).

Back to the discussion at hand. My wife and I have Townie Go! 7Ds. 2.3" tires on 27.5"rims, 7 speeds, weighs in at 46lb. I find that for short rides (5 miles or under) this bike is as easy to pedal as my old Townie 21D. The 27.5 Rims seem to help.

I recently purchased a used Trek Verve+ 2. 52lb, 9-Speeds, 700x50 tires While it is only 6 libs heavier, I do not find it easy to ride without power. I use it for commuting, since it has fenders and built-in lights, but I prefer the Townie for recreational rides.

My problem is riding with my wife. I have to ride without power or Pa1 so she can keep up. She has a basic non power beach cruiser bicycle and rides painfully slow. I wish the Senada’s has torgue sensors, maybe I could get a better workout when riding with her.
You folks just need to trade bikes. It appears that would allow your wife to go faster and you will get the good workout you seek!
No Charge!

I bought a Senata Saber Pro fat tire ebike and it rides great. I however, like to pedal manually alot without power but unless the ground is very flat this is not easy. I really can only use 1st and 2nd gear for this as anything else is too hard to pedal. Going up hills is almost impossible without power. My ebike is heavy at 78lbs. Are all ebikes like this or should I have purchased a lighter cruiser style?
This is par for the course with fat tire eBikes.

I had a folder with 20x4 fat tires. 75 lb. bike. I’m 46 and in reasonably good shape. 10 mph on the flats was cruising speed, without PAS. 13 for a quarter mile maybe. That’s it. They are just not built for speed, without a lot of electric power. Max pressure was 20 psi and pulling all those little knobby lugs through the air didn’t help either.

I sold that bike and got my Aventon Level.2, and BOY what a difference.

The tires are rated for up to 60 psi and they have street tread. I can comfortably pedal it at 13-15 mph, even though it’s still 65 lbs.

If you’re OK with pedaling either just for emergency or taking it slow, stick with it.

If not, sell it off for something more efficient.

Back