Pedal Assist System Torque Issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 5451
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5451

Hi ebike members,

I will need some advice how to resolve the issue with PAS torque.

Ebike that I bought for my wife is https://bintellibicycles.com/electric-bicycles/bintelli-journey/
and she is really scared to switch to level 2. There are so much power/torque so she has to ride only on level 1.

There is a push button monitor https://bintelliparts.com/product/journey-display/
installed.

I called the manufacturer and they told me due to push button monitor there is no way to re-program the system.
They do not have (or do not know) any solution how to change this monitor to digital.

If anyone give me some advices how to overcome this obstacle.

One solution would be to change the monitor, but with my experience not sure which one would fit.
I think in this case the controller should be changed as well and it going to be expensive.

Another possible solution to change the chainwheel. But again I am not sure if this would help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Serg

Display is just input/output, controller determines options available.

Hi Nelson,

I understand this.
But how do I get to the controller settings without GUI (LCD display).
Is it any tool available to reprogram controller?

Thank you for your quick response.

Serg

With that particular display i dont think you will be able to get to the controller settings mate.

I wonder if the M1 display can be wired up to your Journey ebike, couldnt hurt to ask them and see

Welcome to the forums! :)

This is what I meant.
I have already asked them on the phone and the answer was no. Or may they do not know or do not want to deal with the issue.

Can you please provide any links to M1 display?
Is it Bintelly or aftermarket one?

Thank you again.

This is what I meant.
I have already asked them on the phone and the answer was no. Or may they do not know or do not want to deal with the issue.

Can you please provide any links to M1 display?
Is it Bintelly or aftermarket one?

Thank you again.
If you can find someone to wire up the M1 or Fusion display to your Journey controller you would be able to get to some settings i'd think.

I wonder if you can change both the controller and the display from your Journey ebike to a controller and matched display from either the Fusion or the M1

I will go to the store today and may be exchange to different bike. But its really hard to find low profile bicycle. Regarding the controller and display, I got the idea. The best way is to match display and controller.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Sometimes it is good to upgrade to another bike you can amend the settings on. Some people like to set it and forget it
and others like to amend settings on the fly. Sell this ebike and look for other alternatives if ya can't do the controller and display thing.

Good luck mate, keep us posted :)

To change controller, display and some wires, all parts are available, but pricey solution, its about 500$.
Managed to get another bicycle with 5 level assist instead of 3, with LCD display.

Thank you again.

Did you trade bikes then Serg?
What kind did you get?
I managed to return and paid re-stocking fee, $100 and bought Aveton Pace 350. Not such powerful compare to Ride1Up Core-5 but it's much better than Bintelli Journey. They all considered entry level anyway. These all for my family members. I am riding the road bicycle. :)

I managed to return and paid re-stocking fee, $100 and bought Aveton Pace 350. Not such powerful compare to Ride1Up Core-5 but it's much better than Bintelli Journey. They all considered entry level anyway. These all for my family members. I am riding the road bicycle. :)
That is not bad at all mate! :)

Keep us posted about Family rides and pictures mate ;)

Ride Safe Serg! :cool:

HP

Back