PAS level changes

LennyG

I just converted my TREK 1100 into an E-Bike. It's working great, with one problem. I have just confirmed it with the bike on a stand. C1 is set to 5, and C14 is set to 3. During yesterdays ride, a hill climb at level 3 drew 150W at first. Then, at the next hill, I had to go up to level 5 to get ANY assist at all? Turning off the controller, and back on restored the normal level 3 assist. On the stand today, I confirmed what is happening. I start at level 1, and move the pedals, and the motor runs. Increasing the level makes the motor run at a faster speed. Then, if I go back down to level 1, and move the pedals, the motor is now turning at a MUCH lower speed. It does not speed up at all until level 4 or 5. If I turn off the controller, and turn it back on, all the assist speeds are back. Any thoughts?

LennyG

The TREK 1100 conversion. Custom fabricated rear deck battery/controller holder.

Attachments

• Ebike4.JPG
    Ebike4.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Ebike7.JPG
    Ebike7.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Ebike8.JPG
    Ebike8.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 19

Hoggdoc

Website
activityphoto.com
The TREK 1100 conversion. Custom fabricated rear deck battery/controller holder.
Question for you, why did you decide to go to the trouble of fabricating a rear rack battery holder. It looks like you have adequate space in your frame "V" for a traditional battery pack. Not only would it be less work for you but it would make your bike better balanced I would think.

Just curious!

LennyG

Question for you, why did you decide to go to the trouble of fabricating a rear rack battery holder. It looks like you have adequate space in your frame "V" for a traditional battery pack. Not only would it be less work for you but it would make your bike better balanced I would think.

Just curious!
I always ride with 2 water bottles, and there was no room for a frame battery.

Hoggdoc

Website
activityphoto.com
I just converted my TREK 1100 into an E-Bike. It's working great, with one problem. I have just confirmed it with the bike on a stand. C1 is set to 5, and C14 is set to 3. During yesterdays ride, a hill climb at level 3 drew 150W at first. Then, at the next hill, I had to go up to level 5 to get ANY assist at all? Turning off the controller, and back on restored the normal level 3 assist. On the stand today, I confirmed what is happening. I start at level 1, and move the pedals, and the motor runs. Increasing the level makes the motor run at a faster speed. Then, if I go back down to level 1, and move the pedals, the motor is now turning at a MUCH lower speed. It does not speed up at all until level 4 or 5. If I turn off the controller, and turn it back on, all the assist speeds are back. Any thoughts?
Lenny I would say the controller has problem. Contact the controller mfg or seller pick their brains .

bugsplatterbeast

Have you checked the display settings are correct, it should explain somewhere in the paperwork or more likely online. I've got a PAS & a throttle so have you fixed the PAS correctly, if so check all the connecting plugs for bent pins (I've see people do it). Check the battery/controller connections & if that doesn't sort it out, then suspect the controller. I bought a Cyclotricity steal 250/1000w & the battery & controller was duff, they replaced them & next to go was the display (replaced). Five years on & the bike is still going strong, thou the battery is now showing it's age. PS you can buy water bottle mounts for handlebars, saddle stem, front tube & top tubes held on with cable ties, rubber straps & if your good with a drill you can install rivnuts https://bikepacking.com/gear/rivnut-bottle-cage-mounts/

DJKnut

Lenny... Don't forget... on the stand, there will be virtually no LOAD on the drive system, and the controller is programed to balance speed and load (motor current) to move your bike... I found that I could make changes on my Bafang BBS02B Trike conversion controls, that looked exactly like what I wanted (on the stand) but then when I took it out for a ride, the dynamic was very different... Be patient, make good observations on conditions (flat..hill..etc) and responses... speed, acceleration, current... and the illusive "feel".... but, most important, have FUN !! Cheers -D

Top Bottom