Paid for 750W, motor says 500W - Happyrun

rayd

Local time
9:04 AM
Hello group. I bought a happy run e-bike and advertisement says 750 Watt motor
Well I looked at hub motor and its reads 500W. E-mails company and they say its a 750 Watt.
Any opinions on actual Watts?

Thanks for reply. This is a pic of motor. I believe it should say 750W

Attachments

• IMG_20230313_083622927_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230313_083622927_HDR.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 179
AFAIK, manufacturer have stamped lower number for power output to allow their product to slip pass regulations in different countries.
Actual power output is programable with software or controller options.
Just because there is a stamped number on your motor, doesn't mean that it is the actual power output of that particular model.

Some motors have a little more than you think I got a fullsuspension 500watt "Truckrun motor" on a bike and its plenty, your motor is probably at least 750 peak.

I have a mid drive 750 fat tire and built a 250 similar bike for my wife. I can’t really tell the difference.

Guys.... thanks for the replies. What gets me riled is
i purchased it saying it's 750 Watts and got a 500 W motor
Chinese company telling me it is 750 watts. They sent me a spec sheet but it's in Chinese

Guys.... thanks for the replies. What gets me riled is
i purchased it saying it's 750 Watts and got a 500 W motor
Chinese company telling me it is 750 watts. They sent me a spec sheet but it's in Chinese
See if there is a translating app on your PC or IPhone.I used to be in the "HP race" till I realized if its adequate its adequete. No disrespect if you want a powerful 2 wheeler grab a "SurRon" with the vestigal pedals. I would imagine you can always install a bigger controller( makes quite a difference,) remember some rate their motors at peak watts.

Respectfully I just want what I payed for. Not a powerful 2 wheeler or HP race as you describe it. Is that so hard to see?

No disrespect,I became enraged when I found out a bike I bought had 750 peak watts rather than nominal, turned out it was just fine.If you buy again make sure to understand your particular motor is setup for 750 watts nominal.I became pretty pissed another time( even to the extent of buying another motor for its wider stator( turns out it would peak at 1050 rather 1100) it was a waste of money the stock motor had plenty of power, turns out a kid with questionable morals basically stole the new motor from me( so it goes, goodbye "Craigs List") if your motor pulls well put a bigger controller on it( most bang for the buck) capiche? Enjoy your life, life is too short to worry about semantics. I take it you cannot send it back.

if your motor pulls well put a bigger controller on it( most bang for the buck) capiche? Enjoy your life, life is too short to worry about semantics. I take it you cannot send it back.

100% agree. My "750" geared hub off the internet bike has "250" stamped on the motor, and a 17?W controller. It wouldn't even go out the box. After reading all the after sales horror stories decided to not even waster my time and energy trying to get the seller to fix it.
Problem was a faulty controller so replaced it with a 25A KT controller and a genuine color KT display (the old b&w KT clone may have been fine). I just wanted to make sure everything was compatible.

With a milk crate full of fishing gear, fish, me at 90kg it'll pull up steep rough fire trails without me needing to peddle. Couldn't be happier, and learnt a lot, actually enjoyed the experience, of fixing it. It now preforms better for my purpose than I even originally expected. As you say "life is too short to worry about semantics". Just move forward.

P.S. I still have no idea if its a 250 rated motor or just stamped that way to comply with Australian laws (which are a max 250w rated motor).

No disrespect,I became enraged when I found out a bike I bought had 750 peak watts rather than nominal, turned out it was just fine.If you buy again make sure to understand your particular motor is setup for 750 watts nominal.I became pretty pissed another time( even to the extent of buying another motor for its wider stator( turns out it would peak at 1050 rather 1100) it was a waste of money the stock motor had plenty of power, turns out a kid with questionable morals basically stole the new motor from me( so it goes, goodbye "Craigs List") if your motor pulls well put a bigger controller on it( most bang for the buck) capiche? Enjoy your life, life is too short to worry about semantics. I take it you cannot send it back.
Indeed the real secret is the controller and its' programmability. The more amps the controller can provide to the motor the more power it will produce. There are limit however, be careful....

Back