Orbea Wild FS 2020/2021 H25 reliability issues

Old Bid

Local time
5:09 PM
Hi, Just wondering if I am alone - Have an Orbea Wild FS, and in less than 200 miles I have a suspension bearing failure (loud clicking), and local dealer says its wear and tear, not covered by warranty.... Sounds to me like it's not fit for purpose if I can't do 200 miles on it without spending £100 for labour and + ££ cost of bearings...

Any one else having these types of problems?

Bike is a good ride, with plenty of power, just not impressed with the durability issues experienced so far...
Bike is stored indoors in the house, so no cold issues etc. and kept clean (as is stored in a spare bedroom) etc.

Also had an early bosch Kiox control unit failure (fixed under Bosch Warranty by local agent), and problems with paint quality - paint seem s to be very prone to chips (some quite large bits of paint coming off).

I have a Giant Trance Xe + Pro 3, no issues with this so far!, both similar specs, both 29'ers with FS.

Any others having problems with this model?

That sounds like really bad luck. Looks like the warranty doesn't cover bearings unfortunately.

This is form the Orbea website here:

This warranty does not cover the normal wear and tear of the perishable elements of the product in any case. Said elements may include, without limitation, the following elements subject to wear and tear:
  • Handlebar tape
  • O-rings
  • Headset cups
  • Bearings
  • Brake shoes/pads
  • Retainers
  • Threads
  • Sprockets
  • Disk brake rotors
  • Dustcaps
  • Core
  • Grips and tapes
  • Shock absorber joints
  • Screws
  • Rubber parts
  • Seat covers
  • Gear & brake cables and jackets/fluid
  • Gear or brake lever hoods
  • Spokes
  • Nipples
  • Batteries & electrical system components on e-bikes.

Yeah, Thanks Anton... I had seen that when I started looking for answers. Dealers have obviously tried in the past, as they all say "forget trying under warranty".

It's a big cop out really, as the bearings and design are what is in question - dealer says He has changed some every 4 months!

Why is it that I can ride a motorcycle (off-road) in just as much muck and dirt (possibly more even), and never have to change a frame bearing in almost 10 years?

Got to say something about the design, installation, quality of components used, etc.?
Suggestion from others is that they use a grease that is not fit for purpose in cold/wet conditions (but in Spain it works ok).

I can sort of understand some of the logic there - but still leaves me having to spend a fortune on a potentially regular basis!

Just not what I expected from a £4500 bike...

Hi, Just wondering if I am alone - Have an Orbea Wild FS, and in less than 200 miles I have a suspension bearing failure (loud clicking), and local dealer says its wear and tear, not covered by warranty.... Sounds to me like it's not fit for purpose if I can't do 200 miles on it without spending £100 for labour and + ££ cost of bearings...

Bike is a good ride, with plenty of power, just not impressed with the durability issues experienced so far...
Bike is stored indoors in the house, so no cold issues etc. and kept clean (as is stored in a spare bedroom) etc.

Also had an early bosch Kiox control unit failure (fixed under Bosch Warranty by local agent), and problems with paint quality - paint seem s to be very prone to chips (some quite large bits of paint coming off).

I have a Giant Trance Xe + Pro 3, no issues with this so far!, both similar specs, both 29'ers with FS.

What exactly are you calling a suspension bearing. Is it in the front forks or rear shock? If it the fork, call FOX thats their product maybe they can help. Looks like rear shock is also FOX. As a long time gear head of have never heard of bearing in suspension, bushing yes, but not bearing. Are they talking about the steering head bearings.

If it is the head bearings, maybe some research on your part with people who know and sell bearing could find a replacement that could stand up to the stress.

What exactly are you calling a suspension bearing. Is it in the front forks or rear shock? If it the fork, call FOX thats their product maybe they can help. Looks like rear shock is also FOX. As a long time gear head of have never heard of bearing in suspension, bushing yes, but not bearing. Are they talking about the steering head bearings.

If it is the head bearings, maybe some research on your part with people who know and sell bearing could find a replacement that could stand up to the stress.
I'm assuming he means the bearings where the rear swing arm attaches to the rear shock. They shouldn't give up that soon - they are sealed bearings. I replaced mine once on a downhill mountain bike which was a few years old, but that was only because I pulled everything off to paint the frame. To be honest they didn't even need replacing.

I have circled in red what I think are the rear suspension bearings on this bike:
Orbea Wild FS 2020.jpg

Clearly one needs to read the warranty coverage before buying an expensive e-bike. To exclude bearings tells me that the manufacturer knows this is a weak point of their bikes and so excludes them from coverage. Problem is that if the factory assembler uses too little grease or the wrong type of grease then the bearings will wear rapidly and so the customer would need to have the bearing assemblies taken apart when they buy a new bike. Sounds crazy to me and a good reason to avoid Orbea bikes completely.

New 2021 Orbea Wild H25. Seven weeks in with 225 miles. The bike is a climbing beast, I own Mt. Diablo. The only issue I'm having is the rear brake rotor is constantly rattling, super annoying. If the shop can't figure this out I may upgrade to the Shimano Saint. My typical loop is 19 miles with some heavy hill climbing, I'm getting three of these 19 mile (2hr) loops in on one battery charge. So far I'm happy with my purchase.

That sounds like really bad luck. Looks like the warranty doesn't cover bearings unfortunately.

This is form the Orbea website here:

This warranty does not cover the normal wear and tear of the perishable elements of the product in any case. Said elements may include, without limitation, the following elements subject to wear and tear:
  • Handlebar tape
  • O-rings
  • Headset cups
  • Bearings
  • Brake shoes/pads
  • Retainers
  • Threads
  • Sprockets
  • Disk brake rotors
  • Dustcaps
  • Core
  • Grips and tapes
  • Shock absorber joints
  • Screws
  • Rubber parts
  • Seat covers
  • Gear & brake cables and jackets/fluid
  • Gear or brake lever hoods
  • Spokes
  • Nipples
  • Batteries & electrical system components on e-bikes.
After thst exhausting list there isnt much left What DOES the warranty cover????

Back