Northern WI here with Lectric XP Step-Thru 3.0

Homeless by Choice

Local time
12:01 AM
I just received a Lectric XP Step-Thru 3.0 Black Long-Range eBike on Saturday, Dec 3. I like it so far but it's my first ebike and is somewhat overwhelming. I bought it because I am a little passed my prime and can use some help occasionally while riding. I will pose a few questions in a little while as soon as I figure out this forum's workings.

LeRoy

Take it slow and easy, don't ride to fast...get to know your limits and the limits of your new toy (ebike)

There are quite a few on here that have the same ebike or type of ebike you have...they should chime in sometime :)

Welcome...great ebike....I have the 2.0 step thru......take it slow....learn how to use the gears and PA.....you'll be a pro in no time. Safe riding!

Welcome, LeRoy.
Take your time and get used to the bike. It's really just a bike; you'll be fine.
I think you'll love it once you get acquainted with it. It'll make bike riding easier and more fun. You'll be wondering why you waited so long.
Enjoy!

Thanks for all your kind welcomes.

I have been riding at PAS 0 or mostly at PAS 1. PAS 0 (Pedal ASist 0) is no Pedal Assist at all (normal old fashion bike mode) and PAS 1 goes around 5 MPH if I keep pedaling. The PAS's go to 5 but I don't know if I will ever attempt that speed. As stated in my introduction, I am more than likely a little older than most of you. I prefer the slower speeds. I got the bike to help keep me riding on the hot days and/or hilly terrains. Unfortunately we got a little snow last night so the back roads are slippery and not safely ridable for now. Maybe the sun will clear the roads and I can ride some tomorrow. I have already given my old bike away.

LeRoy

I have been riding at PAS 0 or mostly at PAS 1. PAS 0 (Pedal ASist 0) is no Pedal Assist at all (normal old fashion bike mode) and PAS 1 goes around 5 MPH if I keep pedaling. The PAS's go to 5 but I don't know if I will ever attempt that speed. As stated in my introduction, I am more than likely a little older than most of you. I prefer the slower speeds. I got the bike to help keep me riding on the hot days and/or hilly terrains. Unfortunately we got a little snow last night so the back roads are slippery and not safely ridable for now. Maybe the sun will clear the roads and I can ride some tomorrow. I have already given my old bike away.

LeRoy
LeRoy you might be surprised at some of our ages. Also remember with a little more speed comes more stability. Be sure to wear a good Bike Helmet they aren't that expensive.

LeRoy
I don’t blame you for not riding in the snow, although some people do it. You won’t catch me making tracks in the snow either. I retired last year so building a conversion bike was my “keep busy” project. Now riding the bike is among my favorite healthy activities. I almost always ride at level 1 (on my bike, level zero is no assist).

At the risk of getting too personal, I’ve been in a cancer group for about 11 years, but I’m okay now. One of our guys always said that “every day is a bonus.” We lost him this year, but we always knew he was right. Im lucky enough to live next door to a lovely nature preserve with some great trails, and very near the beaches of Lake Erie. For me, getting out on that bike is a great way to make the most of those bonus days. The older we get, the more important it becomes.

May you enjoy many wonderful rides.

Back