Noob build,?

Seth t

Local time
1:58 AM
I have an old GT avalanche . Looking to do e bike conversion , I want something that will do 30-40 mph, but something I can rip on a bit . I’m à trials rider at heart so I wanna be able to jump it and do some thrashing… is 1500w enough? Should I get a hub motor or try to fabricate a crank style or frame mounted motor? Mainly something I can twist and go but still obv retaining pedal ability. Also not opposed to going single speed but then the question is can I get the torque I need to accel quickly …

its your decision really. 1500w with a 72v 45ah battery will do alright but if ya want torque try a mid drive build.
the lunacycle.com off road programmed 1600w mid drive is really nice i just built one myself.

Alot to think about and check out ;)

Ride Safe & Welcome! :cool:

HP

My mid drive from luna cycle can be seen here: https://motoredbikes.com/threads/new-beginning.56976/page-42

here is a pic

.jpg

its your decision really. 1500w with a 72v 45ah battery will do alright but if ya want torque try a mid drive build.
the lunacycle.com off road programmed 1600w mid drive is really nice i just built one myself.

Alot to think about and check out ;)

Ride Safe & Welcome! :cool:

HP
I agree a mid drive is the answers for you. Whether you use Luna or some other source for the motor kit is up to you.

oh yeah shop around for sure. I got mine through a bike shop that uses luna cycle but there are other mid drive systems out there for sure.
If ya have the cash look deeply into the mid drive manufacturers in the US
I guess it all really depends on what ya want really.

I like to just cruise at 18 to 20 mph and know i have the power to roll up the hills when needed.
No matter whart you do, just make sure you're happy :)

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Back