Noisy and Unreliable Lectric XP Step-Thru

Have ya checked the bearings in the bottom bracket?
Is everything on the bottom bracket snugged up tight enough?

Battery mount tight enough? might sound silly but is there something rattlin around inside the frame?

Have ya checked the bearings in the bottom bracket?
Is everything on the bottom bracket snugged up tight enough?

Battery mount tight enough? might sound silly but is there something rattlin around inside the frame?
Not sure how to check the bearings in the bottom bracket. It's possible that the battery may be rattling when a vibration of a certain frequency passes through the frame. Seems to happen when the motor is under load like going uphill either with just the throttle or with pedal-assist set at 2 or higher.

Not sure how to check the bearings in the bottom bracket. It's possible that the battery may be rattling when a vibration of a certain frequency passes through the frame. Seems to happen when the motor is under load like going uphill either with just the throttle or with pedal-assist set at 2 or higher.
I've no clue what it could be.
Prolly not a bad idea to check for cracks all over, i mean it couldn't hurt.

That would make me nervous hearing something on my bike and not knowing what it was

I've no clue what it could be.
Prolly not a bad idea to check for cracks all over, i mean it couldn't hurt.

That would make me nervous hearing something on my bike and not knowing what it was
So I checked all over the frame and couldn't see any cracks. I still haven't sent the original wheel back yet so even though it's bent, it's at least rideable so I'm going to put it back on as a test to see if I notice the noise with it too, although I didn't notice it the first time we took the bike out for a ride.

This is really annoying. I made another video today. Even though I couldn't find a good way to attach my phone directly to the bike, I just attached it to the handlebar mount on mine, set it to record, and stayed as close behind the GF as I could.

It's hard to hear over all the road noise but listen for it at 14 seconds, 24 seconds, 33 seconds, and 47 through 55 seconds. The fact that you can still even hear it over the road and wind noise should tell you how loud it is. It's the noise that sounds like a shovel being dragged on the road behind it. Right before the 47 second mark you can hear my brakes but right after that, it's all from the other bike.

I feel really bad. Mine is pretty much perfect but she's not happy with hers at all because of this noise. We'll be riding down the street and suddenly hers sounds like this. Sounds like a $100 Walmart bike.

Since Lectric has already tried to tell me this is normal and I'm pretty much on my own, I think after swapping in the original wheel, if that doesn't make a difference I'm going to take off all the fenders, the rear rack, the lights, and the kickstand and just leave the frame, seat, handlebars, drivetrain, brakes, and wheels to see if it's one of th ose other attachments that's making the noise.

@philm is this what your noise sounded like? Did you ever get it resolved?

BTW, I just noticed something. The original back wheel had a Shimano freewheel. The first replacement also had a Shimano. The second replacement wheel had a strange brand, CNATA, that from what I've been able to find on the internet is about the cheapest Chinese knockoff of a Shimano you can find. Again, very disappointing. I feel like I should take the Shimano off one of the ones I'm sending back, swap it with the cnata, and send them back the bent wheel with the cnata.

Back