Noisy and Unreliable (Lectric XP Step-Thru)

philm

Why does my step-through sound like a shovel being dragged along pavement? And why does my throttle work only intermittently? By the way, the noise is from the motor - not the brakes. I've owned four other electric bikes since 2004, and all have been extremely quiet, and much more reliable. Right now, I'm thinking that you get what you pay for. VERY disappointing.

Hoggdoc

Website
activityphoto.com
Why does my step-through sound like a shovel being dragged along pavement? And why does my throttle work only intermittently? By the way, the noise is from the motor - not the brakes. I've owned four other electric bikes since 2004, and all have been extremely quiet, and much more reliable. Right now, I'm thinking that you get what you pay for. VERY disappointing.
It might be very helpful to know what bike you're talking about. That would give readers something to work with in answering your inquiry.

philm

It's an XP StepThru. I should add that I've had it only since October, and have used it sparingly. For the most part< I ride my Blix.

BigBob

Sorry to say, but the Lectric XP is just a cheap crappy bike. I did a lot of research on Youtube before buying what I bought. The Lectric XP was at the bottom of the list as far as quality goes.

philm

I bought the Lectric ass a spare, thinking that it would suffice if the bike I like needed to be in the shop. Unfortunately, it isn't even good enough for that purpose. You're right: it's a cheap piece of junk.

bugsplatterbeast

For $899 i wouldn't expect much for the money, just looking at the ebike says cheap, nasty & trouble

Neogeo

Yeah, I seen a man go past me on the canal yesterday with 1 of them and his bike was creaking and cracking and squeaking

Roma

Swift step thru, bought Feb 2020 made some noise. Then exposed to sawdust. Subsequently throttle clogged by debris, hub motor continuous loud grinding since.

Hub sent to Bixtrix 6 wks ago *still no update*

Heard anything about Sawdust hub motor damage, or damage from light rain for a day which is person’s defence (full time handy man) am suing for operating power saw table to which bike was locked.

Roma

Yeah, I seen a man go past me on the canal yesterday with 1 of them and his bike was creaking and cracking and squeaking
Hub damage from sawdust.
Have Swift step thru 2020. Motor slightly noisy, but since Sawdust exposure, ++ noisy. Send to Biktrix 6 wks ago, still no update. Throttle also clogged by debris, cleaned w/ Air compressor.
Appear as you (prior to sawdust even) noisy motor, sticking throttle + unpredictable jumpstarting of motor. Almost killed me once

Hoggdoc

Website
activityphoto.com
Hub damage from sawdust.
Have Swift step thru 2020. Motor slightly noisy, but since Sawdust exposure, ++ noisy. Send to Biktrix 6 wks ago, still no update. Throttle also clogged by debris, cleaned w/ Air compressor.
Appear as you (prior to sawdust even) noisy motor, sticking throttle + unpredictable jumpstarting of motor. Almost killed me once
I don't understand how sawdust could get into a hub motor. Have checked the chain maybe it is clogged with the saw dust. BTW what do you think Biktrix is going to do for you?

Top Bottom