No PAS Adjustments on Bafang DCP18 Display

Vinz

Local time
7:10 PM
I got my BBS02B Kit today, and started the conversion procedure. I did test the motor and display before installation, and noticed something with the DCP18 display that I don't like. Going into the settings, there's no place to change the number of PAS levels - it is fixed at 5. Every video I've seen about the DCP18 shows that there is a setting for PAS levels - but I don't have it, it is replaced by Default Mode. This can be set to Eco or Sport, but I have no idea what that really is.
I did use the configuration tool with a PC to check the flash settings, and everything appears normal, all 10 PAS levels are populated. I just have no way to change the number of levels using the display. Is this some kind of running change, since my kit is newer?
Like I mentioned, I want to use 9 PAS levels, and I don't know what Eco or Sport modes are.

Evidently, the newest version of the display software makes this a 5-level only device. I read somewhere else (I forget where), that the Eco and Sport modes only work with a Bafang Ultra motor - not for the BBS01/02/HD. So, I bought a 860C display on eBay, and it works great. I originally ordered the DPC18 for its button pad - how was I to know that it was limited to 5 PAS levels? A waste of money for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Information available on the DCP18 is less than clear and conflicting. Luna Cycle tells me the eco/sport modes do effect motor output with the BBSHD but I haven't had time to test.
Do you feel the 9 level PAS is much of an advantage?

Information available on the DCP18 is less than clear and conflicting. Luna Cycle tells me the eco/sport modes do effect motor output with the BBSHD but I haven't had time to test.
Do you feel the 9 level PAS is much of an advantage?
I've only ridden twice since getting the 860C. I've reconfigured the motor so that the first 5 levels are fairly close together - no big jumps between levels. I ride exclusively pavement, local streets, etc., so I like having fine control at the lower levels. At higher levels, having fine control isn't as useful, so there are bigger jumps between levels. I find I use levels 3-6 the most so far. I use level 2-3 for starting from a stop. I'm sure I'll reconfigure again soon, as this completely changes the riding experience, and I'm still getting used to it. I've only had the e-conversion for 6 days now, with 85 e-miles so far. Lots of riding and learning to do.

the dpc 18 is better suited to the 620 motor with torque sensor ..when programming it will pull settings 1 3 5 7 9 from the controller for pas 1-5 accordingly

Last edited:
the dpc 18 is better suited to the 520 motor with torque sensor ..when programming it will pull settings 1 3 5 7 9 from the controller for pas 1-5 accordingly
Thanks, Throttle!
I was mislead - because the videos I saw on YouTube about the DPC18 showed that it had 9 PAS levels. But mine did not - I guess those videos were older. However, I am very happy with the 860C - 9 PAS levels, brake indicator, 12-hour time, easy trip reset, etc.

i fell into the same trap :ROFLMAO:throttle should work and overide on all settings including from a stand still

Hi, I have old (up to 9 level PAS) and new (5 level only) Dcp18 displays. after some trials, I realized that these 5 levels correspond to Assist 2/4/6/8/9 levels of 9 level PAS. So that, you can adjust 5 level system by changing corresponding levels in configuration tool.

cheers,
Taner

Back