NH Magnum Scout

Dapetit

Local time
8:18 AM
Hi all. Just picked up a new Magnum scout. Not a lot of information on these bikes as they are fairly new. Hoping to learn more and get tips on these bike for upgrades

Looks VERY similar to the Himiway Cruiser I just bought for $1100 less. :unsure:

MAGNUM SCOUT ($ 2,599.00 – $ 2,699.00, 1 year warranty)
1627779880237.png

HIMIWAY CRUISER ($1550, 2 year warranty)
1627779972729.png

Last edited:
They do look similar. However, I bought local and did not pay the retail price you had listed. The Magnum scout was in stock at the dealer. I was able to compare the bike with other bikes from different manufacturers the dealer carried at the same time.

When I compared the Himiway to the Magnum, the Magnum had a larger battery (Panasonic 19.5 Ah and frame integrated), cassette style rear shimano gear set, 6 levels of PAS, hydraulic brakes front and rear (unsure what himiway has cable or hydraulic).

But perhaps the biggest part was that my dealer and service / support is 12 miles away.

After reading about others who have a hard time getting factory support from Himiway (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/himiway-parts.41012/), I figured the 2-year warranty was hit or miss.

Other reviews online stated that Himiway does not list the specific brand of parts used. And according to the link posted above, most are having to find parts on Alibaba or elsewhere.

That being said, your bike may last a lifetime. No manufacturer is defect free.

I wanted to buy local, have dealer support, didn't want to wait 2 months to get it, and wanted to "try it, touch it, see it" and see the parts used, construction of the bike. The dealer made sure the size of the bike was right for me, anx he is also doing a 500 mile service and adjustment at no cost.

I'm sure you are pleased with your purchase and I hope the bike serves you well. I know I was happy with my decision.

Good luck with it and be safe. I should have mine here in Mass. on Tuesday. (Ordered 6-09)

They do look similar. However, I bought local and did not pay the retail price you had listed. The Magnum scout was in stock at the dealer. I was able to compare the bike with other bikes from different manufacturers the dealer carried at the same time.

When I compared the Himiway to the Magnum, the Magnum had a larger battery (Panasonic 19.5 Ah and frame integrated), cassette style rear shimano gear set, 6 levels of PAS, hydraulic brakes front and rear (unsure what himiway has cable or hydraulic).

But perhaps the biggest part was that my dealer and service / support is 12 miles away.

After reading about others who have a hard time getting factory support from Himiway (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/himiway-parts.41012/), I figured the 2-year warranty was hit or miss.

Other reviews online stated that Himiway does not list the specific brand of parts used. And according to the link posted above, most are having to find parts on Alibaba or elsewhere.

I wanted to buy local, have dealer support, didn't want to wait 2 months to get it, and wanted to "try it, touch it, see it" and see the parts used, construction of the bike. The dealer made sure the size of the bike was right for me, anx he is also doing a 500 mile service and adjustment at no cost.

I'm sure you are pleased with your purchase and I hope the bike serves you well. I know I was happy with my decision.
All sounds good except the price $2599.00 a full $1000 more than Himiway. Sure hope for your sake that the local dealer support brings that much value to you. BTW the specs for the battery on your bike was listed as 17.5 Ah same as Himiway as shown on https://electricbikecentral.com/products/magnum-scout

All sounds good except the price $2599.00 a full $1000 more than Himiway. Sure hope for your sake that the local dealer support brings that much value to you. BTW the specs for the battery on your bike was listed as 17.5 Ah same as Himiway as shown on https://electricbikecentral.com/products/magnum-scout

Perhaps you missed the part where I stated that I did not pay full retail?

The battery on my bike is 19.2 aH.

Again, for my sake, it was. The 1 year extra on warranty means nothing if you cannot get customer service from a company.

Attachments

• received_534941497838925.jpeg
    received_534941497838925.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 229

Hey there!
I literally just bought this bike while on vacation in La Jolla, California. Seriously! I've been trying to find an ebike for my 6' 7" frame. This gem was the only one that worked for me. I agree with buying local. Since I live in Denver, and I already had my eye on this, and am having it shipped from California, I chose this bike store because the staff was unbelievably kind and beyond helpful with all my ridiculous queries.. I called on a shop nearby but the salesperson seemed to have zero interest on the phone. He seriously sounded like one of the young children of today.
Back to the Magnum Scout...
This ebike has more than enough strength and power to get me where I need to go. I was able to get some extras added into the final price($3,350)which made the sticker price easier to swallow. Got a cool bag, seat extender(that goes up and down on bumps), raised handlebar, special lock that prevents seat theft)and a very cool special lock that fits through the front fat tire..
I can't wait to get my bike and kind of wished they would have tossed in next day shipping

Hey there!
I literally just bought this bike while on vacation in La Jolla, California. Seriously! I've been trying to find an ebike for my 6' 7" frame. This gem was the only one that worked for me. I agree with buying local. Since I live in Denver, and I already had my eye on this, and am having it shipped from California, I chose this bike store because the staff was unbelievably kind and beyond helpful with all my ridiculous queries.. I called on a shop nearby but the salesperson seemed to have zero interest on the phone. He seriously sounded like one of the young children of today.
This ebike has more than enough strength and power to get me where I need to go. I was able to get some extras added into the final price($3,350)which made the sticker price easier to swallow. Got a cool bag, seat extender(that goes up and down on bumps), raised handlebar, special lock that prevents seat theft)and a very cool special lock that fits through the front fat tire..
I can't wait to get my bike and kind of wished they would have tossed in next day shipping

Hey there!
Update: when I received my Ebike, there were a lot of problems from the get-go.. the front headlamp doesn't work! Zero instructions and basic info online doesn't help. Also, the LCD screen keeps popping out of the slide holder. If I hit a bump in the road, the screen slides off and hangs in the side. Seems a little strange to sell a bike with these issues. Called Magnum but, it seems like all the young peeps who work there are never in the office. No phone replies. Only when I mentioned via FB Messenger did they sort of reply. No help with my issues though.

Update: when I received my Ebike, there were a lot of problems from the get-go.. the front headlamp doesn't work! Zero instructions and basic info online doesn't help. Also, the LCD screen keeps popping out of the slide holder. If I hit a bump in the road, the screen slides off and hangs in the side. Seems a little strange to sell a bike with these issues. Called Magnum but, it seems like all the young peeps who work there are never in the office. No phone replies. Only when I mentioned via FB Messenger did they sort of reply. No help with my issues though.
Well sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised. I follow the forums pretty closely and have heard of other bad customer service with the Magnum. I think what we are dealing with are a lot of people buying containers of these bikes (all brands) and selling them with no intention to develop a market for the product. Maybe they are a lot of rich Chinese nations here in US to go to school and this makes them a bunch of pocket money.

It just seems even if you spend premium $ at a local store and buy brand name bikes there are issues. It's a new industry hopefully it will mature into a good business. Have you tried working through the dealer that sold you the bike?

Well sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised. I follow the forums pretty closely and have heard of other bad customer service with the Magnum. I think what we are dealing with are a lot of people buying containers of these bikes (all brands) and selling them with no intention to develop a market for the product. Maybe they are a lot of rich Chinese nations here in US to go to school and this makes them a bunch of pocket money.

It just seems even if you spend premium $ at a local store and buy brand name bikes there are issues. It's a new industry hopefully it will mature into a good business. Have you tried working through the dealer that sold you the bike?
Thanks and yes, I have dealt with the dealer. When the bike arrived via UPS, the bike had multiple scratches, and some parts missing. They were pretty quick to assist in some ways. As the front headlamp was "ripped" from the wiring and several accessories were badly scratched, they did replace them. Was told to go out and buy some "nail polish" to cover the scratches!! Really???? I realize that scratches will happen but, I told them that it is me who would like to make them. $2700 plus shipping and I seriously felt like I paid full price for a "used" Ebike ..
I still have zero idea how to make the front light work.. You are right in your summation with regards to Chinese Bikes being mass produced and companies here just slapping their names on them. The mark of a great company is how their customer service responds to guests complaints and issues. Magnum has failed so far.. Sort of smacks of mediocrity IMO....

Back