newbie with electrical problem - Magnum Cosmo S

alixe

Local time
4:24 AM
Hi from New Zealand, I am new to ebike and have had a near new Magnum Cosmo S for two weeks. Love it and all was fine until a few days ago. Display and motor will only turn on when I put the battery in. To turn the motor off I have to take the battery out (the thumb throttle works even though the display is off). The display turns off while riding, at present it will only work in eco, the buttons for the display do not respond. The battery is fully charged, terminals all look perfect. My guess is the fault lies in the Magnum display or control buttons. I am not a technical person, but any suggestions would be appreciated, you all seem to be so capable on this forum. Thank you, Alex.

Hi from New Zealand, I am new to ebike and have had a near new Magnum Cosmo S for two weeks. Love it and all was fine until a few days ago. Display and motor will only turn on when I put the battery in. To turn the motor off I have to take the battery out (the thumb throttle works even though the display is off). The display turns off while riding, at present it will only work in eco, the buttons for the display do not respond. The battery is fully charged, terminals all look perfect. My guess is the fault lies in the Magnum display or control buttons. I am not a technical person, but any suggestions would be appreciated, you all seem to be so capable on this forum. Thank you, Alex.
Hi Alex, I'm no expert, but also having problems with my 36v Ui5 shutting down still plenty of battery power left.
I'm suspecting the controller or display, but not sure It's out of warranty so wondering where to next.

Back