Newbie to ebikes - Trying to narrow down ebike choices

Jbiker1

Local time
10:58 AM
69 yr old male. 6 ft 1 Ibs., 255 lbs. Trying to narrow down ebike choices. 90% of my riding will be 2 lane highway occasionally green way, and bike trails. I have some hip m knee issues. Looking to build my legs back up. I will like need help on steep hills or when tired or I have leg problems. I would like to loose some weight and have fun
My leading contender is biktrix stunner x. I also like dost drop and ebc model r. I need something fast. And dependable. My mechanical skills are not great. I live in the North Atlanta Ga. Area. I'm concerned about LBS shops working on the bikes I mentioned. I contacted velofix. They'll handle mechanical bike issues as needed nothing electric. Dont care for most of the ebikes sold near me. Too pricey or not enough bike, or not dependable. Goof customer support also needed
I need to stay under $2500,if possible. This is my first ebike. I haven't rode bikes in about 15 yrs. Rode motorcycles for over 30 yrs.

I'm 73 and are similar in height and weight. After my research I opted for a RadRover 5. I've had the bike since August and have put over 300 miles on it without a problem. I ride primarily on bike paths and a few trails that are used by off road motorcycles. The bike is on the large size but it is stable both on and off road. Like you, I rode motorcycles for many years along with road and mountain bikes. The ebike allows me to extend my range and speed and has proven an excellent purchase. I live on the coast so hills aren't really an issue for me. Good luck with your quest.

69 yr old male. 6 ft 1 Ibs., 255 lbs. Trying to narrow down ebike choices. 90% of my riding will be 2 lane highway occasionally green way, and bike trails. I have some hip m knee issues. Looking to build my legs back up. I will like need help on steep hills or when tired or I have leg problems. I would like to loose some weight and have fun
My leading contender is biktrix stunner x. I also like dost drop and ebc model r. I need something fast. And dependable. My mechanical skills are not great. I live in the North Atlanta Ga. Area. I'm concerned about LBS shops working on the bikes I mentioned. I contacted velofix. They'll handle mechanical bike issues as needed nothing electric. Dont care for most of the ebikes sold near me. Too pricey or not enough bike, or not dependable. Goof customer support also needed
I need to stay under $2500,if possible. This is my first ebike. I haven't rode bikes in about 15 yrs. Rode motorcycles for over 30 yrs.
Look at the Wallke pro3, 26”x 4” wheels, have one and when people see it, they say “that’s not a bike, it’s a motorcycle!”.
It has the 750volts and peaks up to 1000volts. Has the feature that when drifting it puts power back into the batter. Throttle on demand.... etc. best of lpuck finding what you want!

@Jbiker1 - The Rad Rover 5 is an excellent choice however I opted for the Himiway Cruiser because of the following:
2 year warranty vs 1 yr on Rad Bikes
Larger 17.5aH Samsung battery vs 14aH on Rad Rover
Value with fenders and rear rack included
Local pick up from warehouse in Chino (Southern California)

I paid $1449 with no sales tax, no shipping costs (even if it would have been delivered to San Diego) and couldn’t be happier. Logged over 320 miles on it and ride on asphalt, trails, the beach and love the customization I’ve been able to do through the display on the controller. Check out the YouTube videos on this bike for overriding the speed limiter and setting power settings 0-9 instead of 0-5. This eBike is awesome!

Look at the Wallke pro3, 26”x 4” wheels, have one and when people see it, they say “that’s not a bike, it’s a motorcycle!”.
It has the 750volts and peaks up to 1000volts. Has the feature that when drifting it puts power back into the batter. Throttle on demand.... etc. best of lpuck finding what you want!
I've been using my friends Ariel Grizzly and after trying out over a dozen Ebikes I'm getting a Grizzly!. It's on a whole different level than every other ebike Ive tried around the 3k mark. It is heavy af but with the range it gets and the quality of the European build I doubt I'll have to pedal it. I've gone 53 miles and I could prob go another 40 before having to charge

@Jbiker1 - The Rad Rover 5 is an excellent choice however I opted for the Himiway Cruiser because of the following:
2 year warranty vs 1 yr on Rad Bikes
Larger 17.5aH Samsung battery vs 14aH on Rad Rover
Value with fenders and rear rack included
Local pick up from warehouse in Chino (Southern California)

I paid $1449 with no sales tax, no shipping costs (even if it would have been delivered to San Diego) and couldn’t be happier. Logged over 320 miles on it and ride on asphalt, trails, the beach and love the customization I’ve been able to do through the display on the controller. Check out the YouTube videos on this bike for overriding the speed limiter and setting power settings 0-9 instead of 0-5. This eBike is awesome!
I wish I'd chosen a Rad or Himiway instead of the peice of junk Rattan I got. Customer service is a joke and the warranty is just a sales tactic. I tried to exchange 3 days after delivery and they just ignored me until the 14 day exchange period was over now I've gotten daily non answers since August. It's just sitting on my balcony taking up space

Back