New to the eBike community from Central Coast California

RicJay

Local time
4:59 AM
Decided I wanted to get back on the bike but new knees made it a bit difficult to deal with the hills. So I added a eBikeling 36V 750W Rear Geared Hub Motor to my REI CTY 2.1 . Things went well and I've been enjoying the daily ride around the community much more than I ever though I would. Haven't strayed too far as to yet determine how far I can go on.
20220706_150656.jpg
Will post more as the time goes on.

Looks great! I also converted my CTY 2.1 but with a 48v 750w mid-drive. Hope it's been going well for you.

Thanks! Doing great, average about 15 miles a bike ride, little over 100 mph les so far. Switched to a 1/2 grip twist throttle , thumb was too akward.
Good luck with your conversion!!

Decided I wanted to get back on the bike but new knees made it a bit difficult to deal with the hills. So I added a eBikeling 36V 750W Rear Geared Hub Motor to my REI CTY 2.1 . Things went well and I've been enjoying the daily ride around the community much more than I ever though I would. Haven't strayed too far as to yet determine how far I can go on.
View attachment 4562Will post more as the time goes on.
Nice looking conversion. I'm thinking about doing this myself to my 2010 Jamis commuter 2. I've got a IGH in it, so I guess either a front hub or mid frame. At least you already have disc brakes. That's a plus. Mine doesn't :-(>

Had to google IGH, ... probably the power (watts) that you desire will dictate if the rim brakes would work. I'd think 750 and below with pedal assist set up would work fine. Getting help with your questions is the biggest problem. LBS aren't much help, and some of the suppliers aren't either. Front hub will be the easiest In my opinion.
Good luck. Thanks for the feedback.

After reading up on IGH, I would think a front hub (500 to 750W) would do the trick. Your top speed will be abiut 20MPH with the 750, less with the 500. Set up with pedal assist, on helps when you are peddling, I think good rim brakes would be adequate.
BTW nice looking set of wheels.

After reading up on IGH, I would think a front hub (500 to 750W) would do the trick. Your top speed will be abiut 20MPH with the 750, less with the 500. Set up with pedal assist, on helps when you are peddling, I think good rim brakes would be adequate.
BTW nice looking set of wheels.
Thank you. I agree with the 750 watt considering I'm 6' 1" 220lbs. The V brakes on the Jamis are superb. I just took it out for a spin,and I was in 1st gear and I was having difficulties just going up and down our rd. Then I took the engwe, and rode about 4 miles of hills. No comparison. Anyway nice ride you have there, and it's fun making them your own isn't it? Cheers!

Back