New to the E-Bike world

Joshua

Local time
10:35 AM
Hello everyone! I’m new to the E-bike world and had a question about the motor on my heybike mars. The motor is 500w but it peaks around 740w. It has a 15amp controller and I’m wondering if I could drop a 750w bafang hub in it without having to lace it in. The “heybike” motor looks identical to the bafang. I contacted heybike about what brand the motor was and they replied with, “it’s a heybike motor”. I’m 200lbs and my 145lbs wife is smoking my ass on her 500w heybike mars. I WANT MORE POWER!! Any help with my pursuit for power will be greatly appreciated!!

Why not just buy a new hub motor that is already on a rim. There are plenty of them listed on Amazon. I would go for more then 750 watts. My 125 pound son with a BBSO2 smokes me at 225 with a BBSHD (From Lunacycle @ 1500 watts). I have to pedal like crazy to come out on top while he is on throttle only!

Why not just buy a new hub motor that is already on a rim. There are plenty of them listed on Amazon. I would go for more then 750 watts. My 125 pound son with a BBSO2 smokes me at 225 with a BBSHD (From Lunacycle @ 1500 watts). I have to pedal like crazy to come out on top while he is on throttle only!
That’s definitely an option I’ve been considering. I would need a new controller anyway but I don’t want to have to upgrade the battery too.

Hello everyone! I’m new to the E-bike world and had a question about the motor on my heybike mars. The motor is 500w but it peaks around 740w. It has a 15amp controller and I’m wondering if I could drop a 750w bafang hub in it without having to lace it in. The “heybike” motor looks identical to the bafang. I contacted heybike about what brand the motor was and they replied with, “it’s a heybike motor”. I’m 200lbs and my 145lbs wife is smoking my ass on her 500w heybike mars. I WANT MORE POWER!! Any help with my pursuit for power will be greatly appreciated!!

That bafang will want more than 15 amps mate.

If ya have a bike you are comfy on and you have No hills i'd go for a 1500w hub drive.
But.. if you have good sized hills i'd look into a mid drive such as the BBSHD or even the 750w BBS01*

Depending on your needs and what not.
My experience with the hub drive i have (1500w with a 52v 35ah battery) is really nice on flats and moderate hills.

The BBSHD mid drive is a mountain goat eating the hills like nothing, but with my settings i only get to 30mph.

Ya have some options for sure. Welcome to our humble home mate :)

HP

Back