New to eBikeForum but not my Lectric XP

rgsparber

Local time
1:35 AM
My name is Rick Sparber. I've got over 3200 miles on my Lectic XP 1.0. I'm also an inventor and writer. Most of my articles end up on my website, https://rick.sparber.org/. I have a section, https://rick.sparber.org/ma.html#eBike, dedicated to the XP.

Feel free to download and share all articles that appeal to you. They are protected by Creative Commons with my permission for you to make and sell anything I explain how to make without giving me any money.

Yesterday I replaced my rear brake pads due to uneven wear and a metallic sound when braking. Cleaning the rotor with alcohol had no effect. There was about 50% of the pad left. I did not notice any loss of braking power but that metallic squeal bothered me.

I could have bought front and rear pads with spring clips from Lectric for around $55 but chose to buy the identical item from Amazon for $23.

It took me under five minutes to remove the caliper, back out the non-moving pad support, pull the cotter pin, replace the pads and spring, install the cotter pin, align the caliper on the rotor, and tighten all screws. Tensioning the brake cable took another 30 seconds. As per the instructions, I braked ten times to bed in the pads. Now I'm back to smooth rear braking.

This process can be confusing the first time you do it plus a bit scary since a loss of brakes doesn't end well. But the second time you replace the pads, it should be smooth sailing.

Peace,

Rick

Man, that's a lot of DYI on a ebike.
So glad to see someone who truly enjoys their ebike and put in so much effort.

Interesting info....good job compiling all that data. I have the Lectric XP 2.0......only had it about a month....loving it...bought for some exercise......welcome aboard.....thanks.

Interesting info....good job compiling all that data. I have the Lectric XP 2.0......only had it about a month....loving it...bought for some exercise......welcome aboard.....thanks.
I bought my XP both for cardio and to replace my car for light-duty trips less than 15 miles. Due to the heat, here in Phoenix, I am on the trail at 4 AM and home by 5:15 AM which is first light. A few months ago we took my XP and my wife's step through to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Great bike trails up there.
SouthRimWithBikes.jpeg

Back