New noise.

Kingofgreens

Local time
2:50 AM
I bought a better pack to replace my generic one and tonight was the night I finally got around to working it up.

It's also a 52v just as my cheapo but it has a 50a BMS as opposed to 30a for the old one.

The controller is a generic 22+1a. Planning on upgrading thet next.

Motor is a bafang 750w hub. Older model.

I took it for a quick test ride and my motor was now making a sound I've never heard before.
It seems to run about the same , but the noise starts shortly after I take off and lasts a few seconds then stops.

It sound like a highish pitch
humm.

Should I be concerned ?

Only the battery has changed. I wouldn't think it would effect anything in the controller or motor ...

weird my bike just recently started making a high-pitched noise if the back wheel is off the ground and spinning with no power to the throttle when it starts to slow down to a certain point it sounds like the sound of someone letting air out of a ballon or a really faint siron sound. it will also do it if i free-spin the wheel with my hand. but it goes away once I apply any power or once the back wheel is spinning fast enough. and i can't figure out what it is exactly and i know it cant be any bearings going which do sound like that but only if you use a special microphone that can pick up the squealing which tends to be outside the normal hearing range of human ears.

Back