New Member from Ohio

j-strenk

Local time
10:40 PM
I'd like to introduce myself on this forum.
I've built several e-bikes over the past couple years. And just bought a new one after calculating it was cheaper to buy a complete e-bike than buying a modern frame and modifying the bike.

First bike i built was a Walmart bike I found in the sale items. It had 29" tires and disk brakes which was all I was looking for at the time.
I put on a Bafang BBS02 with shift sensors and brake sensors. used a 48 volt 24.5 Ah battery. It was fun but weighed 64 lbs.

Next I put a Bafang BBSHD on an old Miyata Commuter bike. Basically the same setup except for the motor. The bike was a smaller frame. Although I learned more. it was too small for me.

I then found a Cannondale Trail 5 and went with the same setup as on the Miyata. I love this bike although I was always having trouble with the chain centerline and could only use 4 out of the 11 gears.

Now getting close to retirement (and harder to get on the Cannondale), I just purchased a Christini FAT E-4. So I now have two bikes I love. I hope they don't get jealous and start causing problems.

I'd like to introduce myself on this forum.
I've built several e-bikes over the past couple years. And just bought a new one after calculating it was cheaper to buy a complete e-bike than buying a modern frame and modifying the bike.

First bike i built was a Walmart bike I found in the sale items. It had 29" tires and disk brakes which was all I was looking for at the time.
I put on a Bafang BBS02 with shift sensors and brake sensors. used a 48 volt 24.5 Ah battery. It was fun but weighed 64 lbs.

Next I put a Bafang BBSHD on an old Miyata Commuter bike. Basically the same setup except for the motor. The bike was a smaller frame. Although I learned more. it was too small for me.

I then found a Cannondale Trail 5 and went with the same setup as on the Miyata. I love this bike although I was always having trouble with the chain centerline and could only use 4 out of the 11 gears.

Now getting close to retirement (and harder to get on the Cannondale), I just purchased a Christini FAT E-4. So I now have two bikes I love. I hope they don't get jealous and start causing problems.
Injoy your new toy, there are so nice to have when tired and want to get back home. I think my e bike is like a horse going home fast.
Welcome to the forum.

Back