New Himiway Cruiser creaking bottom bracket

Lsandler528

Local time
10:40 AM
Hi, I have a new Himiway cruiser (got it beginning of March, 130 miles on it). After the first few short rides it started making a loud creaking noise (like a wooden floorboard creaks). The noise is definitely coming from the bottom bracket and occurs whenever pedaling with modest force. Anyone else experiencing something like this?

Have not experienced these issues on my Himiway Cruiser and I now have over 320 miles on mine. I bought mine about the same time as well ironically (late Feb). Have you contacted their customer service group? Anyway you can record the sound or take video with a GoPro? Just curious.

Have not experienced these issues on my Himiway Cruiser and I now have over 320 miles on mine. I bought mine about the same time as well ironically (late Feb). Have you contacted their customer service group? Anyway you can record the sound or take video with a GoPro? Just curious.
I brought the bike to a local bike shop, they examined it and told me the bottom bracket was a bit loose (ie was not tightened properly on assembly) so they were able to properly tighten it up. They said the creaking stopped. I will pick up the bike today (fingers crossed) and I hope the creaking will not be there when I ride it. Also, I do have some video from insta360 GO2 in which the loud creaking is heard very well, even over the road/tire noise and wind noise. I will update later once I have gotten the bike back. Thank you for your response and input.

I brought the bike to a local bike shop, they examined it and told me the bottom bracket was a bit loose (ie was not tightened properly on assembly) so they were able to properly tighten it up. They said the creaking stopped. I will pick up the bike today (fingers crossed) and I hope the creaking will not be there when I ride it. Also, I do have some video from insta360 GO2 in which the loud creaking is heard very well, even over the road/tire noise and wind noise. I will update later once I have gotten the bike back. Thank you for your response and input.
Awesome news! Hope you continue to enjoy your Himiway Cruiser as they are a blast!

Was just about ready to suggest to you check the bottom bracket/crank for bearing adjustment. Good you found a bike shop that would even look at an E-Bike as some don't really like working on them.

Yeh; Common occurance from yesteryear. Usually, the lock ring on the adjustable cup is not set; allowing the cup to slightly flex in the bracket shell

It's all in the name, it's an electric BIKE and is subject to the same problems a normal bike would have including chain cleaning PS that loctite is there for a reason.

Back