• Hello new members! Please sign up using Facebook, Gmail, Twitter or an Email Address! We are the friendliest electric bike group on the internet. All ebikers are welcome here, any riding style and any age!

New here

jonathon

My first electric bike was a Chinese single speed lead acid powered Star Moon which was very heavy with a very short range of about 20 miles. My second bike was a Yamaha XPC 26 four speed which I have used for about four years which has a range of about 30 miles this is often used pulling a trailer carrying up to 120 pounds of shopping powered by Nicads. Being a pedelec this has always been an easy ride up to one in six hills.I have recently acquired a second hand BromptonNano which I am able to take on the Tram.Bus or Train. It has a range of almost fifty miles on a LIPo battery and weighs about 14 kilos. ad is able to climb a 1 in 6 with ease, even a 1in 4 if not too long. Ideal if you are physically handicapped. 50 cycles are now selling the Kalkhof Aguttu for for £1,195 which is cheaper than the Gazelle and has a good specification.