new guy wondering about top speed using pedals

richmorg

Local time
2:20 AM
I have a Cyrusher xf690. I remain in the highest gear on the roads here even the steepest of hills. The specs state I have a Shimano M370 gear shift system 27 speed. Is there a way I can increase the amount of speed provided by the pedals by changing the front sprocket. It seems I have to slow down to be able to have the pedals even be effective.

I have a Cyrusher xf690. I remain in the highest gear on the roads here even the steepest of hills. The specs state I have a Shimano M370 gear shift system 27 speed. Is there a way I can increase the amount of speed provided by the pedals by changing the front sprocket. It seems I have to slow down to be able to have the pedals even be effective.
Yes indeed, change the front sprocket to a larger one would allow you to keep up with the motor and apply more human power. I don't know what sprocket size you have currently but I suggest 50 to 52 teeth will help quite a bit. If that's not enough you can look into changing a freewheel sprocket set at the rear wheel typically you want something like an 11 to 34 tooth set.

There are YouTube videos showing how you can change both of those sprockets if you haven't figured it out by yourself by now.

Thank you for the info. I have a 3 sprocket setup with 44T as the largest front sprocket. I have prowheel and have found some 3 sprocket combos that have 48T as the largest. I still think you are right about a 50T being what I want. I will look around for something that is a quick replacement. The current sprocket is riveted together. it does have 4 bolts attaching it to the cranks and seems to have a self releasing attachment on the sprocket bolts. Hopefully that makes it easy to disassemble.

This is an issue many of us have with our e-bikes. But first keep in mind the bikes are programmed to cut off the motors at whatever the mfgs want for their bikes. This limits the motor assistance to that speed regardless how fast/hard you pedal.

If what you are trying to do is slow the rpm which you pedal for a given speed then yes you can change the front sprocket size/# of teeth. I believe your bike has three rings at the crank. If you want to keep that setup you will need to find a replacement that has more teeth.

Typically most e-bikes need 50 plus teeth on front to reduce the RPM.. Another popular change is to replace the rear freewheel gear set to some with with 11-34 tooth setup. You could also replace the front sprocket setup with a single sprocket setup, the more typical e-bike setup, remove the front derailleur simplifying your whole setup.

Before making that change I would ask yourself how many times you use the two small sprockets at the crank. I'm betting not often.

Hope this helps you.

I have a cyusher xf900 where can I buy new controllers that have the same plug connections?

Back