New Guy from Georgia

Archangel

Local time
10:33 AM
Howdy Y'all,

My wife and I just got into ebiking. She's running a Heybike Cityrun, and I just picked up an Ariel Kepler.

Looking forward to finding some great places to ride in Georgia and getting in some better shape.

Welcome, from SE Wisconsin!

With eBikes, you can get as much or little exercise as you want. A exercise strategy I like is to set the PAS level just a BIT lower than your comfortable speed to pedal the bike on level ground. Then, when you hit a headwind or a hill, the bike comes in to keep you moving at a good clip. For me on my old fat tired eBike, that was about 8 mph. I found myself going about 10 on level ground.

Either that, or set it just above what you can maintain on your own, then pedal to help go faster.

If you ride together with your wife, I guess you'll be letting her set the pace, and you can dial in PAS as needed. Maybe she'll need PAS to keep up with your pace without it engaged...

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks!
Yeah, the Kepler is a true BEAST of a bike. I did make one mistake though. I should have ordered the low step instead of the high step, but it's still doable. In Georgia especially out in the country where we are, the hills are wicked. I would need paramedics if it wasn't for the assist.

Attachments

• Urban Assault Bike.png
    Urban Assault Bike.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • Donna's.jpg
    Donna's.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 58
  • Tony's.jpg
    Tony's.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 52
That rear basket probably makes it a little harder to swing your leg over. I tilt my bike towards me when I mount up. It helps.

Back