New from Flagstaff Az - NCM Moscow ebike charging

Zuke

New member
Local time
2:05 AM
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
2
Points
1
Got a new NCM Moscow is it ok to charge the battery after every use
 

Anton

Admin
Staff member
Local time
7:05 PM
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
581
Points
43
Age
38
Hi @Zuke, yes you should be fine to charge your NCM Moscow battery after every ride.

The NCM Moscow has a battery with NMC-18650 Li-Ion cells I believe. It looks like a good quality bike with a good battery. Li-Ion cells are OK with being charged after each ride and are mainly affected by the depth of discharge (DoD).

If you ride so there is still 90% charge remaining (10% DoD) you will get ~6,000 charges cycles.
If you ride so there is still 60% charge remaining (40% DoD) you will get ~1,000 charge cycles.
If you ride so there is still 0% charge remaining (100% DoD) you will get ~300 charge cycles.
Reference: https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

The battery will still continue to work after you have used up all these cycles, it just wont hold as much power as when new.
 

Hoggdoc

Moderator
Staff member
Local time
1:05 AM
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
627
Points
43
Age
76
Location
SW Washington State, USA
Got a new NCM Moscow is it ok to charge the battery after every use
Sure that is fine, however I would caution you not to charge it immediately after riding. Let the battery set and cool after riding they don't like heat and charging it shortens the battery life.
 

roshan_8848

New member
Local time
8:05 PM
Joined
Feb 22, 2022
Messages
2
Points
1
I own a NCM Moscow and it's one of the most reliable and durable electric bike in terms of product quality, design and battery life. I was also curious about the charge and battery life. I bought it from Leon Cycle who is the Brand Owner and Distributor of NCM Electric Bike. They explained me quite well about the battery life cycle and emailed me their Battery FAQ's: https://leoncycle.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/47000766848
 
Top Bottom