New frame design

Kiwi

Local time
11:54 AM
I came across this bike design on Alibaba. I've had some discussion with the manufacturer and they tell me they can make the frame for me which will cost $1000; However they do not have existing frames for sale it appears. I've declined because ordinarily I'd expect they'd have any good design ready to be sold off the shelf. But I do like the look; what do you think? Is it familiar to anyone?
Electric Bike.PNG

I came across this bike design on Alibaba. I've had some discussion with the manufacturer and they tell me they can make the frame for me which will cost $1000; However they do not have existing frames for sale it appears. I've declined because ordinarily I'd expect they'd have any good design ready to be sold off the shelf. But I do like the look; what do you think? Is it familiar to anyone? View attachment 2935
I think you made the right decision to decline their offer. If there's not a proven track record for the design and manufacture of a frame I think it's wise to stay clear of it. I do agree it's very cool looking.

I think you made the right decision to decline their offer. If there's not a proven track record for the design and manufacture of a frame I think it's wise to stay clear of it. I do agree it's very cool looking.
I cannot quite see how the rear swing arm suspension works. The pedal crank does not seem to fit through the bottom tube nor the swing arm centered around the crank.

I cannot quite see how the rear swing arm suspension works. The pedal crank does not seem to fit through the bottom tube nor the swing arm centered around the crank.
Looks like the crank arm is covering a part of the suspension that creates the pivot point. The crank is going through the frame but that area is partially blocked by that flat plate around that area. All in all it still looks very interesting.

Even better with my design pedals.
Pedal Assy - Render 5.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01365.JPG
    DSC01365.JPG
    369 KB · Views: 127
photo
email from Feng Zidian

冯字典 <zidian@yifeiebike.com>
To:Duncan

Tue, 11 Jan at 2:19 pm

Good morning Mr White
Our company is professional e-bike manufacturer, and our e-bike designer is good at Mechanical engineering. For safety of this bike will not have problem.
This product is not a conception e-bike. Our company have many other 20 inch fat tire models, the difference between this bike with other models is the frame.
We have our own e-bike frame factory, so producing a sample of this new model is easy for us.

Kind regards

The frame looks like a variant of a Unified Rear Triangle (URT) design.
The pedal crank is mounted in the triangular swing arm.
Only one pivot.
In this case, the rear tringle swingarm has been modified to carry the battery.

Back