New Engine-Lab E450ST

RonR1959

Local time
9:58 AM
I’m new to e-biking, but not new to cycling. For years, I was a long distance road cyclist. I pedaled anywhere between 3500-4000 miles per year. I made a transition to a hybrid bike that was heavier and I sat more upright 5 or 6 years ago, but found I didn’t enjoy it too much. I haven’t ridden in 4+ years now, and am not in the same physical condition I was in when I was cycling long distance, so I decided to try an e-bike.

I’m wondering if anyone has an engine-lab e-bike, and what you think of them? Mine is put together, but arrived with the front wheel damaged, and the new wheel will be here tomorrow. I like the idea that it has a belt drive and I don’t have to worry keeping the chain cleaned. What concerns me is no gears, although it has different power levels. It says it can go 20 mph. I’m not concerned about there being no suspension for the front forks, as none of my road bikes had them.

Never heard of an Engine-Lab, how does it ride? It looks like you also have an Aventon Aventure from your other posts.

I returned the Engine Lab bike and got a full refund.

As far as the Aventure, it is a fun ride! I now have 850 miles on it and love it! I rode 42.6 miles this morning, mostly in PAS3 . I still had over 40% battery left. I bought this bike to help me get back in road bike shape. I think I’m about there.

I returned the Engine Lab bike and got a full refund.

As far as the Aventure, it is a fun ride! I now have 850 miles on it and love it! I rode 42.6 miles this morning, mostly in PAS3 . I still had over 40% battery left. I bought this bike to help me get back in road bike shape. I think I’m about there.
Heck yeah that's what this is all about :)

I've gotten to the point i try to make more mileage so i pedal more at lower speeds on PAS1 then when i want to go fast i just push a button and we're goin 35'ish mph.

Have fun and welcome to our humble home :)

Back