New ebiker from SC

richmor

Local time
5:08 PM
My first ebike. An Aventon Soltera. Love everything about it but the tires. We ride a lot of dirt roads in campgrounds and those hard road tires just ain't gonna cut it. The plan is to take the factory 700x35 and replace with a 27.5x2.1. Would go to a 2.2 if I thought I could. Our current bikes have 2.125 and those work fine for us.
I'm interested in hearing others thoughts. I'm new to this and at 67 to old to learn a whole lot. Thanks

My first ebike. An Aventon Soltera. Love everything about it but the tires. We ride a lot of dirt roads in campgrounds and those hard road tires just ain't gonna cut it. The plan is to take the factory 700x35 and replace with a 27.5x2.1. Would go to a 2.2 if I thought I could. Our current bikes have 2.125 and those work fine for us.
I'm interested in hearing others thoughts. I'm new to this and at 67 to old to learn a whole lot. Thanks
Question, why did you buy the e bike you did? There are so many on the market with wheels and tires that meet your needs. The cost associated with changing the wheels and tires is going to be cost prohibitive IMHO. I suggest you sell the Aventon and buy a bike setup with the proper tires and wheels for your needs. Aventon makes several models that would meet your needs.

I like the Soltera. Nice size, colors, has all the range and speed I need, has a great list of features, all at a killer price. I couldn't find anything in that price range I liked as much. AND it weighs only 43 pounds. I can pick it up and put it on my current bike rack. Weight was and is an issue. I simply want a slightly larger contact patch on the road without adding 10 or 15 pounds. I will likely ride it as is for a while. But the bikes we ride now have 26.5x2.125 wide tires and that seems to be a nice compromise between weight and ride.

Not changing wheels. Simply want a wider tire I can run at a lower pressure for bumpy dirt roads around campgrounds. Not interested in a fat tire 100 pound bike I can't even begin to pick up. At 67 back and knees aint doin that.

I like the Soltera. Nice size, colors, has all the range and speed I need, has a great list of features, all at a killer price. I couldn't find anything in that price range I liked as much. AND it weighs only 43 pounds. I can pick it up and put it on my current bike rack. Weight was and is an issue. I simply want a slightly larger contact patch on the road without adding 10 or 15 pounds. I will likely ride it as is for a while. But the bikes we ride now have 26.5x2.125 wide tires and that seems to be a nice compromise between weight and ride.

Not changing wheels. Simply want a wider tire I can run at a lower pressure for bumpy dirt roads around campgrounds. Not interested in a fat tire 100 pound bike I can't even begin to pick up. At 67 back and knees aint doin that.
Do you think you can fit with wider tire on the narrow rim, I'm not sure how that would work. I have heard people down sizing tire size but never going up that much. Hope it all works for you, and yes the Soltera is a very nice package.

Well I've looked at it and I should be OK with the 2.1 tires on the 19mm rim. We'll see;)

755C734A-65EE-4749-9626-C41CC1374583.pnglooking at something like this.

Serfas Drifter Tire with FPS​

in 27.5 x 2.1 would give a better contact patch and the lower pressure would give a better ride. not familiar with the brand though.

Let us know how it pans out!
I changed tires on my eBike recently, but went from knobbies to road tread; not vice versa.
What bike does your partner ride?

wife will also be on a soltera. and we plan to roll with what it comes with until they wear out. Those Panaracer Gravelking SS look interesting and may be a great compromise.
First thing is get some miles in with as is. Then we make changes.

Back