New eBike Himiway Cruiser - San Diego

BMoreySurfs

Local time
4:41 PM
Pretty stoked to be getting my first eBike as I purchased the Himiway Cruiser after comparing it to the Rad Rover. I wanted an affordable fat tire eBike that I could commute from home to work daily (20 miles roundtrip), take on the coast and ultimately have fun riding with friends. I know Rad has the reputation, customer service and built a strong brand but in comparing these two eBikes it was the 17.5aH Samsung battery vs the 14aH on the Rad Rover that tipped the scales. One of my best friends has a Rad Rover and I really liked riding it. This bike will be similar in every way component and frame wise and at $1449 and a 750w HUB it will simply go farther. Wish me luck!

The pic below is off the Internet...debating whether or not to mount the fenders on it that come standard with the bike. The standard wood rear deck rack looks awesome!

49704594-764D-4158-8037-0CEF0C78A6B4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty stoked to be getting my first eBike as I purchased the Himiway Cruiser after comparing it to the Rad Rover. I wanted an affordable fat tire eBike that I could commute from home to work daily (20 miles roundtrip), take on the coast and ultimately have fun riding with friends. I know Rad has the reputation, customer service and built a strong brand but in comparing these two eBikes it was the 17.5aH Samsung battery vs the 14aH on the Rad Rover that tipped the scales. One of my best friends has a Rad Rover and I really liked riding it. This bike will be similar in every way component and frame wise and at $1449 and a 750w HUB it will simply go farther. Wish me luck!

The pic below is off the Internet...debating whether or not to mount the fenders on it that come standard with the bike. The standard wood rear deck rack looks awesome!

View attachment 1199
Just got mine yesterday The rear fender came mounted had to install rack, front fender, head and tail light (mine not working), pedals, mount handlebars to steering head. I checked a few critical bolts installed front tire and that was it other than charging the battery.

Now I'm working on programming the controller to spread out the pedal asst and reduce the percentage of power applied in the PA steps.

Here is link to a great video that goes through some of those changes:
. In this video's description he has a link to a manual he found on line. Be careful the first time you ride it, the even PA #1 gives a sudden burst o power in less than one turn of the crank.

Made adjustments on mine. Happy with 0-9 and 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90, and 99. I can ride it slow trials style or get out of the way, if I need to.

Back