How far can I go on my Trike, in miles?

vkray777

Local time
11:18 AM
New to this forum, my first post. I want to say that I am 78 years old, I am partially blind, so a bike is better for my transportation need's.

I have built and sold five ebikes.
So I know hoe they go together. Thats about the limit!
I now have a Trike fat tire that I built, number 2 the first one I built has a bent rear axel, long story.
I am located in Broken Arrow Ok. burb of Tulsa! Great city, good people!
I belonged to another forum, and got run out,I was accused of being a troll ,I do not even know what that means?

I asked a dumb? I guess ut was a bad question to ask, because I was unable to get a answer. I gave them all the details that they asked me for. Still no answer!
I hope this site treats me better? We shall see? Im in hopes!
Thanks for reading!
I will and try to be a good member!

New to this forum, my first post. I want to say that I am 78 years old, I am partially blind, so a bike is better for my transportation need's.

I have built and sold five ebikes.
So I know hoe they go together. Thats about the limit!
I now have a Trike fat tire that I built, number 2 the first one I built has a bent rear axel, long story.
I am located in Broken Arrow Ok. burb of Tulsa! Great city, good people!
I belonged to another forum, and got run out,I was accused of being a troll ,I do not even know what that means?

I asked a dumb? I guess ut was a bad question to ask, because I was unable to get a answer. I gave them all the details that they asked me for. Still no answer!
I hope this site treats me better? We shall see? Im in hopes!
Thanks for reading!
I will and try to be a good member!
Welcome! What is your question?

How far can I go on my Trike, miles? The total weight is about 240Lbs, flat terrain! No wind, 48volt lithium battery 13ah.
So far I have only been able to go eight miles? Seems short to me, tire pressure is the recomended at 20psi.

The trike is a 20" front hub drive, i got it from Amazon the battery is a Unit Pack!

You are not far off mybest is 8 miles. Is there a battery that i can purchase that would go up to 30 miles?

Try a 52V 30AH battery. the higher AH the farther you can travel in the seat.

That might get you, according to your weight and being on a Trike, i'd have to guess 25-27 miles,
maybe 30 or so.

Ride Safe!! :cool:

HP

Do you use ONLY throttle or do you use PAS too?

Also think about this, 52V 30AH battery X2 and you'll get 30 miles for sure if you ride using PAS and very little if no throttle.
So if ya can afford two batteries then that would be a good investment for extened miles in the seat.

I mainly use the throttle only, I only pedal ro make sure the thing is working. I am to old to be pedeling. Anyway that is nit why I have a ebike. NO P
PEDLING!
So I can use a 52 volt battery on my 48 volt motor?

I mainly use the throttle only, I only pedal ro make sure the thing is working. I am to old to be pedeling. Anyway that is nit why I have a ebike. NO P
PEDLING!
So I can use a 52 volt battery on my 48 volt motor?
Yes you can.
If you're going for ALL throttle then get 2 52v 25ah batteries at the very least then you will be able to
switch batteries when 1 battery gets to the low point.

What kind of drive system to you have on your bike? Mid drive or Hub drive?

or even another battery @ 48v 30ah would help out considerably.

but i'd go for the 52v even a 60v 30ah battery or 2

gets expensive though.

So what is the ideal 52 volt battery to get?

Does higher ah # mean greater range?

Thanks for all of your replies!

So I have ordered a 52 volt battery today rated at 1200 watt. 30ah!

I have a controller that is a 48 volt 13 ah am I going to be ok using the 52 volt battery?

I read on another site that a guy burnt up his controller?

I am totally confused, ugh, yuk!

Back