New buyer advice

Hedgehog

Local time
7:32 PM
I’m looking to buy my first emtb and with the price they cost I want as much advice about my purchase As possible. Ive Owned a few mountain bikes and my current hybrid mountain bike but never owned a full suspension bike. I’m leaning towards either a Giant Stance E+2, a Trek Powerfly fs4 or the hardtail Powerfly4. Main reason for Giant and Trek is because I have several dealers for both within 45 minutes of me. I don’t plan on doing extreme downhill riding, just dirt trails and paved trails. I’m sure the hard tail would be fine but I was wondering if I should go for the full suspension since I might be going faster on trails with the electric bike. Any advice would be appreciated

I wish I had full suspension on my converted bike, but I dont think I would have been able to fit the larger battery inside the bike frame. I think that's the big trick. I'm doing the same riding you described on a converted hardtail with 52v 17.4aH battery. Love it. If you want a factory ebike go with what fits your budget. Those factory ebikes are real works of art these days, but you have to peddle to be able to use the motor.

Back