New 2020 Bosch CX motor and ebikes with it

fc

Discuss here. Looks like a dramatic change. They are a contender again!!!!

29% lighter at 2.9kg, standard chainring, clutch decoupled for no drag, consistent power, 625 wh and 400 wh battery

Last edited by a moderator:

highroad 2

2-1/2 years riding Bosch with the small chainring, its about time they made a change.
I have been shopping for a new bike, the Fezzari Wire Peak and YT Decoy had my interest.
I plan to hold off and see what bikes get assisted with the new Bosch and see how the reviews go.
I do not like the large visible display, like the battery options and the disconnect when the assist maxs out

RedRider

When you find real reviews please share them. I guess you know that most so called review is a form a disguised advertisement.

highroad 2

Good point on disguised advertisement.
I wondered how those English guys get the bikes to review before we know they exist.

I want 180mm front and rear suspension with an Eagle cassette under 50#'s and more range than my current Haibike and I will buy it.
Electric shift would be a bonus

hikerdave

Discuss here. Looks like a dramatic change. They are a contender again!!!!

29% lighter at 2.9kg, standard chainring, clutch decoupled for no drag, consistent power, 625 wh and 400 wh battery

That looks like a great bike; I really like the look of the exposed cooling fins at the front of the motor and the slightly slacker head angle. A big battery is a nice benefit too; one review said that an external 500wH battery could be added which would remove a big limitation of most eBikes; no more range anxiety for most uses, especially as the batteries age but the added dilemna of having to choose one battery or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRider

I guess different riders have different views.
To me i hear bullshiit.
A- Great news,,, lighter
B- Great news,,, heavier
C- i am smart enough to understand... same weight,,, just more $$$
If 500Wh is not enough, try Yamaha, it delivers range.
You know they have the more experience with Emotors.
Mine is a Haibike, Giant also uses them.

Top Bottom