Need to find a solid cruiser bike 50-100mi range 35-45mph 2-4k

1234swq

Local time
4:44 PM
I've been trying to find a durable ebike with 50-100 mile range hub motor with top speeds of around 35-45mph price range is 2-4k but all im seeing online in my price range have had low distance for pure electric modes. Anyone know of any good models fitting my description?

You'd need to travel to Epsilon Eridani to get that. Here on Earth a $4k bike that meets your speed and range wants doesn't exist. Range per charge is generally inversely correlated with maximum speed - the faster you go the shorter your maximum range gets.

I've been trying to find a durable ebike with 50-100 mile range hub motor with top speeds of around 35-45mph price range is 2-4k but all im seeing online in my price range have had low distance for pure electric modes. Anyone know of any good models fitting my description?
Almost any bike you want with a BaFang BBSHD and 6 2000Wh batteries. 35 to 45 is only possible on roads and will suck a large lithium pack dry in around an hour. What you want is an electric motorcycle... I'm sure you can find "A" helpful individual to point one out. Scrap the washing machine motor, mid-drives are far better for anyone wanting to ride.

Not sure about 45 mph.. depends on how much you weigh.. but this can probably get you the range you need under $2K.

Or even one of these if you can find one, probably cost a bit more than most people can afford:

What a coincidence, both are hub-driven. I wonder why mid-drive motors are not utilized for these long range/higher speed capable ebikes?

No one makes it for that price, because you have to cut some corners to get there.

A good Crystalyte clone and some 72V batteries will get the basic job done.

A bike, which will hang the batteries necessary for that range, even at more moderate speeds, is doable.

Tires, wheels, brakes, suspension, adequate for reasonable safety, let alone comfort, at top speeds, gets questionable.

What you really want, is an electric motorcycle. Find one in decent shape with dead old lead batteries and replace with Lithium.

Back