Need Schematics for a 72v, 3000w battery made with 18650 battery cells.

BigMook

Local time
1:56 PM
I need schematics to build a 72v, 3000w battery made with 18650 battery cells. I have to make a 20s battery with 18650 cells. It will be 20 batteries per row with 12 rows or more.

I have about 400 of the 18650 batteries, the bms, nickel strips and the spot welder and the connecting plastic to form the rows without glue. Can someone help me with schematics? Or a drawing for building the battery. I have watched many YouTube Videos, but it seems they skip over a lot of the steps. I do not want to mess this up. I certainly hope someone can help me.

Regards,
BigMook

I need schematics to build a 72v, 3000w battery made with 18650 battery cells. I have to make a 20s battery with 18650 cells. It will be 20 batteries per row with 12 rows or more.

I have about 400 of the 18650 batteries, the bms, nickel strips and the spot welder and the connecting plastic to form the rows without glue. Can someone help me with schematics? Or a drawing for building the battery. I have watched many YouTube Videos, but it seems they skip over a lot of the steps. I do not want to mess this up. I certainly hope someone can help me.

Regards,
BigMook
BigMook, go to Cellsaviors.com for 411 & tutorials on Li-ions of all types.
And you'll want to check out Batteryhookup.com...
For a truly Monster power pack, you might consider 21650s, 27650s, Prismatics, or even 200A discharge rate Headways (24 Headways will power a washing machine!)
You're where I was a few months ago... I Offliberty.com'd the you... Videos, & they helped... But cellsaviors & bhookup put it all together!
Pay attention to capacity of your wiring!
0.15mm X 7mm PURE Nickel strip = 5A
500W Das-Kit C7 controller on a Magnum Metro UI6 = 18~20Amp load
Each cell in each P-group is connected to each cell in the next P-group in a grid pattern.
Best way to do that is with a Nickel sheet, not strips.
If you have an 8k~10+k spot welder, you can go to thicker nickel strips (good idea) &/or Nickel-Copper-Nickel sandwich to connect cells.
You're halfway through putting the picture puzzle together... pretty close to not needing the box top picture to finish.
Good luck with it!
My next pack will be 104 18650s in 13s 8p 52v... & I may use 21650s instead. (21650 = 40% more power per cell than 18650)

Welcome to the forums @Catman :cool:

I was just over by Monterey the other day :)

We're sort of neighbors LOL

Back