need info on 1000w bafang conversion compatability

riverrunner

Local time
11:53 AM
HI all!!!
Looking to install a 1000w bafang on my 2012 Trek Fuel EX....but It has a 90mm BB,has anyone done this conversion and if so
what parts do I need to complete it....also does anyone know if the BB is a standard 35mm In diameter or something that needs a reducer pressed in...
I cant seem to find any specs on the bike anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully this is the pic ur looking for!
Thanks

Attachments

• 35CC21A1-6DE3-4CD8-9866-02A1B0F9E944.jpeg
    35CC21A1-6DE3-4CD8-9866-02A1B0F9E944.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 172
I don't know the diameter of your bottom bracket, can't say if that's an issue or not.
But, the BBSHD is available in 3 versions to fit bottom brackets of different widths...
68-73mm; 74-100mm; and 101-120mm. You would need the middle version. I don't know if you would need spacers to make up for the 10mm difference in your case ... but my BB is 68mm and I didn't need any spacers for the 5mm difference. Spacers are available separately.
You can visit an online store, like Bafang USA Direct , and learn about the options available for the HD.
Heck, why not not call them and ask if your bike (make, model, year) is compatible? Doesn't mean you'd have to buy from them. Or call whatever store you were looking to buy from.
By the way, a BBSHD kit has everything you need for installation, but no spacers, which again you may not need. But reality is that nothing is 100% guaranteed. The other concern is, do you have sufficient room for a battery?

Thanks for all the info so far
I’m pretty good when it comes to mechanical projects...the problem I have is I’m not that familiar with mountain bike components...from what I’ve read on the bafang conversion there are two different kind of B.B...one is thread in and the other has a press fit bearing...the press fit bearing one has a larger diameter BB and requires some kind of reducer to get it down to 33.5 mm to accept the bafang motor/crank assembly...and I’m not sure what BB I have and was hoping somebody might be able to tell me from expirience or from the pic

Thanks

Im not so sure you can fix a bafang mid drive onto this bike...not because of the BB but because the configuration of your bike frame...

Attachments

• frame good 1.png
    frame good 1.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 155
  • frame not good.png
    frame not good.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 156
Back