MZZKBIKE Falcon 2 Pro - Any insight on this bike?

schwim

Local time
12:31 PM
The bike in question

Hello there, friends!

I currently ride a 40lb fatty to tow my 30lb trailer of tools out to do trail maintenance and building on some local trails. I've always kept my eye out for a cheap Chinese ebike to make it a bit easier to get back and forth from the truck and work area.

To clarify my needs, I don't need to go faster than 10 miles an hour or so and I don't need a moped or scooter. The loop wouldn't be any more than 20 miles at it's longest and I'm happy to pedal the bike, it would just be nice to have help sometimes, especially after working for the day.

Does anyone have any experience with this bike in particular? I found it while browsing Woot's ebike deals today and after some research, people seem to be happy with what you get for the money.

Any insight on the model in question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

71zqspwdJpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The bike in question

Hello there, friends!

I currently ride a 40lb fatty to tow my 30lb trailer of tools out to do trail maintenance and building on some local trails. I've always kept my eye out for a cheap Chinese ebike to make it a bit easier to get back and forth from the truck and work area.

To clarify my needs, I don't need to go faster than 10 miles an hour or so and I don't need a moped or scooter. The loop wouldn't be any more than 20 miles at it's longest and I'm happy to pedal the bike, it would just be nice to have help sometimes, especially after working for the day.

Does anyone have any experience with this bike in particular? I found it while browsing Woot's ebike deals today and after some research, people seem to be happy with what you get for the money.

Any insight on the model in question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

71zqspwdJpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Bought this a year and a half ago. So far it’s been good and reliable. Last year I put on over a 1,000 miles over summer months. In North Dakota that’s not long and still ride in the winter. Brakes come as horrible and noisy and should be replaced immediately. Last year I was riding in a gravel pit and hit a big hole. Stopped working until I removed the battery and put it back in. Seems to have lost a cell. I now only get about 20 miles out of it before needing a charge. I’m a right leg amputee so I don’t pedal
much. The ride is ok but a shock under the seat would have been nice. Seat is somewhat uncomfortable so I bought a pad for it. Can’t complain cause the money I save on gas has pretty much paid for it. Top speed after battery incident is 20mph.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Bought this a year and a half ago. So far it’s been good and reliable. Last year I put on over a 1,000 miles over summer months. In North Dakota that’s not long and still ride in the winter. Brakes come as horrible and noisy and should be replaced immediately. Last year I was riding in a gravel pit and hit a big hole. Stopped working until I removed the battery and put it back in. Seems to have lost a cell. I now only get about 20 miles out of it before needing a charge. I’m a right leg amputee so I don’t pedal
much. The ride is ok but a shock under the seat would have been nice. Seat is somewhat uncomfortable so I bought a pad for it. Can’t complain cause the money I save on gas has pretty much paid for it. Top speed after battery incident is 20mph.
Thanks Shilo. I bought it a few months ago and have put a few hundred miles on it. I haven't changed the terrible brakes yet but have changed bars, grips, seat, pedals, cranks, chainring, tires and tubes. I also had a higher capacity battery built for it as I was unhappy with the range of the stock battery.

The only thing left that I would like to replace is that horrible, horrible front fork. Unfortunately, it seems that the headset is non-standard and a tapered fit steerer won't fit so I'd have to try to find some kind of conversion headset if I wanted to install another fork.

Overall, I'm happy with it now. It's a hoot to ride.

Back