My Rattan Challenger Shuts Down At Three Bars!

highbids1

Local time
5:53 AM
My Rattan Challenger shuts off when it's down to three bars.

Anyone else have this problem if you did how did you fix it.

The e-bikes like brand new, it hasn't been rode more than
an couple of hour's.

It is a previous version of the Challenger about three years old
36V 350W version the newer one is a 48V

I'm thinking it's the I-PAS technology, or a setting in LED speed controller on the left on the handle bar

Describe more fully what "shuts off" means. Loss of motor power (TOTAL or PARTIAL), display goes black, indicator lights on throttle or battery, any, all, or none of these? Lights, horn, ANY indications of power.

Also, Very Important, describe fully and completely what you do to get it to work again.

These will help inform EXACTLY which parts of the system have available power, and which do not.

Get a voltmeter on the battery and determine the exact voltage at the time of shutdown. Charge fully, test with voltmeter AGAIN.

Do you have a throttle, and if so, does it work when the shutdown happens.

What are you doing when the shutdown happens? Up hill, down hill, pedal hard or lightly, assistance mode?

Describe in detail EVERYTHING unusual, strange, different, or just interesting that happened from the last time it worked correctly, to the first time it malfunctioned. ESPECIALLY the one where you know you screwed up but don't want anybody to know, and also that thing that you think could not POSSIBLY be related to the problem. If it worked, you parked it, danced the hokey-pokey for 3.7 minutes, then got back on and it failed, I want to know if you sang out loud or not.

Check and see if it is somehow set for a 48V battery, as the LVC could cause what you are seeing.

I ride in Florida no hills, & everything turns off the display & battery, i can then turn it back on a couple of more times to get it going again but after that it won't turn on anymore.

OK. I CANNOT SEE IT FROM HERE. I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say the battery turns off. HOW DO YOU KNOW??? Does it have a power indicator light, and does it go blank????? Does the battery even have an on switch? How many "Bars" are there in total?
I CAN'T SEE IT FROM HERE.

You say you turn it back on. HOW??? What button, where, Do you have to turn the battery on and THEN activate on the display, or just one button?
I CAN'T SEE IT FROM HERE

When you turn it back on, HOW LONG DOES IT RUN? Seconds, minutes, what?? Does power seem normal, or low? MAKE AN EFFORT AT A REASONABLE GUESS.

If your next post does not contain a voltmeter reading, at least TWO as requested, I am done here. I will NOT spend more time asking questions TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM than you spend answering them. Your effort so far is pitiful.

Oh, and Florida DOES have hills. Bridges, overpasses, some quite steep. Also very strong headwinds, like yesterday.

Every single question I have asked is designed to gather useful diagnostic data in order to help YOU, solve YOUR problem. Make a freaking effort, or you can go pay somebody to solve your problem for you.

It is almost certainly NOT a setting in the menu, other than the one I described which you have not bothered to check, even though it is the most likely cause of your problem, other than a possible loose wire or connection.

The lcd display has five bars, when it gets down to showing three bars it turns off lcd display goes blank.

I then switch the battery all the way off & turn it on again & the lcd display lights up.

I can do this a couple of times & ride for about a minuite & it turns off again, after about two
times of doing this it won't turn on at all anymore.

The controller is deciding the battery has too low a voltage. It is either set too high on the controller, which the three bars would SEEM to confirm, or it is defective, or you have a loose wire or connection, or the battery has a serious problem.

The next required step is to put a voltmeter on the battery and test. Check thoroughly and completely for a loose wire or connection, examine every pin, over half of all ebike problems are a loose wire or connection issue.

Check thoroughly and completely for a loose wire or connection, examine every pin, over half of all ebike problems are a loose wire or connection issue.

Check thoroughly and completely for a loose wire or connection, examine every pin, over half of all ebike problems are a loose wire or connection issue.

I repeated that three times because that is how many it usually takes before they actually do it, and FIND the loose wire or connection, and solve their problem. Which is, AGAIN, over half of all ebike problems.

Sometimes, they do this AFTER replacing some fairly expensive components, when they absolutely did not need to.

Thanks Nelson37 for the reply, i think your right on with it being the controller.

The controller's on the bottom of the battery holder, i''ll take the battery out & look
under the battery holder for lose wires.

Here's a picture of the controller.

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 170
Back